Options for Formal Night (dining)

DISNEY1975

My upcoming cruise will have 2 formal nights. I really dont want to pack 2 sets of formal wear for myself and family of 5. If we dont attend "formal night" one evening, in the MDR, what are our other options? Just the buffet? (Carnival Valor).

Thanks

My upcoming cruise will have 2 formal nights. I really dont want to pack 2 sets of formal wear for myself and family of 5. If we dont attend "formal night" one evening, in the MDR, what are our other options? Just the buffet? (Carnival Valor).

Thanks

For elegant night (carnival doesnt call it formal anymore) all that is required is slacks and a shirt so it isn't really a big deal. Formal and ccl is like oil and water

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For elegant night (carnival doesnt call it formal anymore) all that is required is slacks and a shirt so it isn't really a big deal. Formal and ccl is like oil and water

Bill

Funny!

I dont like being underdressed (or overdressed!). Ive seen some photos and it looks like a lot do attempt to dress nicely. We are flying into PR, staying in PR for 3 days, then the week cruise. Trying to pack for 11 days in one suitcase / one carryon each.

I see your going on the Dawn! My favorite ship so far! LOTs of dining options if you dont go to the MDR!!

And your also going to Disney ?? !!! My favorite vacation spot! Im very jealous of you right now!! :D

Oh..and PS...Im female! Are you saying the woman wear slacks/shirts ?

Funny!

I dont like being underdressed (or overdressed!). Ive seen some photos and it looks like a lot do attempt to dress nicely. We are flying into PR, staying in PR for 3 days, then the week cruise. Trying to pack for 11 days in one suitcase / one carryon each.

I see your going on the Dawn! My favorite ship so far! LOTs of dining options if you dont go to the MDR!!

And your also going to Disney ?? !!! My favorite vacation spot! Im very jealous of you right now!! :D

How was everybody dressed on your carnival cruise last June? Where there a lot of people dressed up?

We Leave for our Dawn cruise on Saturday we have three restaurants booked. can't wait!

Bill

Funny!

We like to get dressy for Elegant Night, but DD and I are dong a 12-night Baltic cruise and three weeks on land after. One carry-on sized bag each, so no way am I bringing anything I can't also wear on the land portion of the vacation. I'm bringing black slacks and a nice blouse and I'll wear the same outfit both Elegant Nights. You don't need two outfits for each person--who's going to notice if you wear the same thing both times? :D

Yes. Slacks and a nice blouse will be just fine. If you're uncomfortable wearing the same outfit twice, change up your jewelry or wear a pashmina.

Archived