Need experienced SS advise

Sued

We are what we consider loyal SS customers...have been sailing with them for about 10 years on about 15 voyages. We have sailed with no others and while not high end (owner suite) spenders we always sail Veranda. So I like to think we have spent a good bit of money with them - and I would add have always enjoyed and appreciated what they provided us.

We are booked for a trip in June - 2 back to back - Greece/Istanbul. It is fully paid for. I have run into a situation with my work that forced me to ask Silversea to consider assisting us by moving from the June commitment to something similar in August. Knowing we are inside the 'window' we acknowledged that since it is a cheaper cruise, we are fully willing to pay the full price we have committed to with the current June itinerary. Additionally, keep in mind we also have a sailing booked for November.

My husband contacted SS and they told him must come through the travel agent. We complied, travel agent contacted and was told an absolute no. We then called the Venetian Soc. office. The fist person my husband encountered kept cutting him off telling him he had to go thru agent. Husband then asked to speak to supervisor. Pleasant man named Kim (sp) heard him out and said he understood and will looked into but will get word back through the travel agent. My husband also reiterated clearly, we are not wanting any price reduction...and we do have a cruise in November that might be in jeopardy.

24 hours later call back from our agent. Will not transfer $$s. End of story.

For us to cancel we would loose 50% around 15K.

We are quite frankly astounded Are we missing something here? Is this really worth it to them to lose a consistently loyal customer ? I just cannot see the downside to them. And so much goodwill and loyalty in jeopardy.

So therefore, was hoping those intimately familiar with SS might help us make sense of it. We will obviously cancel November and look at alternatives. My next stop is Seabourn to see if they are more interested in investing in a long term new client.

Thanks all for listening...appreciate any feedback you might have to give.

Archived