Beach for 4 year old

SUN TURNIP

Can anyone recommend a nice beach for a 4 year old? Also, how would we go about getting there ( taxi, water taxi, etc). I'm basically looking for something very inexpensive to do in Belize. I would be interested in the zoo but I'm afraid the taxi ride may be expensive.. I could be wrong tho! Thanks!!

To get to any beach that might be decent for a 4 year old, you'll need to take water taxi or a ship excursion or private excursion usually geared toward snorkelers. The taxi fare to the zoo (not a real zoo, BTW) would be cheaper. It is a 45 minute bus ride, but maybe 30 by taxi. Do google the Belize zoo. It's an animal rehab facility and you may or may not see animals. There is/was a small petting area though. Guides are very helpful. Watch out for the howler monkeys, too. Look for excursions to the zoo, most likely will include other things like city tour, not really for a 4 year old.

Im not sure what my friend above me is talking about, but when i went to the Belize Zoo i saw animals i've never seen before in my life. I'm not sure which Zoo you went to my friend, but my family and I enjoyed it. Yes the Zoo is small but it has diverse wildlife. All animals are native to Belize and i would definitely recommend this tour especially for a 4 yr old. My kids loved it

Im not sure what my friend above me is talking about, but when i went to the Belize Zoo i saw animals i've never seen before in my life. I'm not sure which Zoo you went to my friend, but my family and I enjoyed it. Yes the Zoo is small but it has diverse wildlife. All animals are native to Belize and i would definitely recommend this tour especially for a 4 yr old. My kids loved it

Thanks! Do you remember how much the bus/taxi was to get there? Just so I will have some kind of idea on how much money to bring. Thanks again!

Thanks! Do you remember how much the bus/taxi was to get there? Just so I will have some kind of idea on how much money to bring. Thanks again!

We took a taxi and it charged $30 for adults and $20 for the kids which i believe is fair because once we got there he had to stay all day with us. I've got me a usual cab i always take on my visits who should be able to give you a good deal, his email is wtg_792@hotmail.com, I always recommend him and his company. Hope u enjoy your trip to Belize. Be Safe :)

My fellow Floridian is correct in that all the animals are native to Belize. What I meant by not a typical zoo is that these animals are there as a preserve/rehabit/protection etc. And they are in as close to native habitat as possible. I understand that of late they have had some funding issues and ther emay have been some damage from last year's storms. But I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't worth going to. Just don't expect to be walking into the Bronx or San Diego Zoo with lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

• 3 weeks later...

Last year Belize had this awesome Eco Park excursion that was just swimming butterflies and Belizean lunch and it was PERFECT for a 4 year old (we took our 3 yr old) but I don't see it on the Carnival excursian list this year (Belize is one of the few places we do cruiseline excursions because of the distance from the ship). Not sure if that is an option for you but this place was wonderful and we were looking forward to taking our 4 yr old there this year again. That place has a big pool with hammocks, and a kiddie water play area, and a waterfall waterslide, and they also had canoeing and horseback riding excursions there. It was a new eco park. http://www.bacabecopark.com/index.html

Archived