Just Booked sky suite on Reflection 3/1-14 a few questions

sdnich

Here's a pic of the set up for the party we had.

Did you have to pay more for the food and how did you make arrangements for it. Son and his wife are going and thought it would be nice for a little get together for thei anniversary. We are in a Suite on the Summit. With thanks.

Did you have to pay more for the food and how did you make arrangements for it. Son and his wife are going and thought it would be nice for a little get together for thei anniversary. We are in a Suite on the Summit. With thanks.

Sorry did not see you reply before I posted again. With thank.

We did not tip him based on what he did for us. We tipped him from the appreciation and the professionalism he had shown us from the very first day. Remember this, they are trained to be a butler and they want to show off what they can do.

He did a lot of things for us like getting my wife's dressed pressed, dry cleaned without any charges.

We had a table for 12 set up at mdr at 830 pm but on the night we dined at lawn club grill I wanted to take my kids to the mdr for a meal so I had him arrange a table for 4 at 7pm. Done and as soon as I walked in the mdr. They were expecting us and even addressed us by our last name and guided us to our table.

Thanks for the info and the pics . I would love an aft room but our friends next door are really worried about being seasick like her first and only cruise. It took me a while to talk them into this one so my TA got us as close to the middle in a suite.We will definitely have our butler set something for us maybe daily :D Did you notice if the partition opens up like mentioned?? i am hoping all rooms do and not just certain ones.We hope to have great weather like your pic of St thomas because I love breakfast on a deck!!! and my evening wine!! We decided to spend more on the extra room since we only take vacation once a year ...right now !

Thanks for the info and the pics . I would love an aft room but our friends next door are really worried about being seasick like her first and only cruise. It took me a while to talk them into this one so my TA got us as close to the middle in a suite.We will definitely have our butler set something for us maybe daily :D Did you notice if the partition opens up like mentioned?? i am hoping all rooms do and not just certain ones.We hope to have great weather like your pic of St thomas because I love breakfast on a deck!!! and my evening wine!! We decided to spend more on the extra room since we only take vacation once a year ...right now !

I believe the aft are probably most stable and that's why all the specialty dinning rest. are put there. All the partition open up, we went on the Allure of the seas last Sept and we had two rooms and they took the partition down no problem. On this cruise, I see that someone a few decks below had 4 balconies opened up, it was amazing.

ry%3D480ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Another view from the aft, leaving St. Thomas! :D

ry%3D480

If I could ask one more question did you receive the perks that one would receive if they were Elite? Someone told me that when they were on a cruise last month people in a Sky Suite and it was their first cruise with Celebrity received the same perks as an Elite passenger would receive. We will not be Elitentill after this cruise.

You do not need to be an Elite to receive the service because Butler is available for all suite guests. This was our first cruise on Celeb and we were a Select member, we did receive a coupon book for some discounts and a few Select member events, that's about it.

My wife definitely approved this trip and she felt very pampered with the service we received from the Butler.

A few more things worth mentioning: on this trip, we got fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, fresh fruit smoothies and specialty coffee free of charge delivered to our room. The two times we ate at the Blu, they were free of charge and warm welcomed by the host at Blu. The free specialty dining was very nice alos. :D

LCG was our least favorite specialty ... Meat was under seasoned and the side dishes cold. Not worth $40 for sure. Nice atmosphere eating almost al fresco but less pleasant if its cool.

If you haven't done Qsine you should try it - unique presentation and a tasty array of food options in a fun setting.

Agree 100% with this. I was disappointed with TLCG. Qsine was by far our favorite place on the ship.

Agree 100% with this. I was disappointed with TLCG. Qsine was by far our favorite place on the ship.

The first round of meat, they were under seasoned, perhaps consistent with most of the food served on the Reflection in my opinion. That's why my wife did the grilling herself (second round) and they were seasoned perfectly.

The veal chop was a piece of great meat.

We had a live concert on the lawn that evening so it enhanced the whole dining atmosphere.

• 1 year later...
I did everything thru the Butler, he was the nicest guy yet profession. I tipped him right from the very first day and I continued my tipping along the way so things worked out perfectly.

The food was set up free of charge, he asked me the size of the party and I told him 8 adults and 4 kids, that's why you see pizza on the plate, I had a few bottles sparkling set up, red wine which was not in the picture.

It just happened to be my friend's mother in law birthday so he was trying to arrange a birthday cake to bring to our party but failed. So I called my Butler at 3pm and he said "Done"

He brought two chocolate cake with Happy Birthday written all over them, it turned out to be a perfect evening for everyone. Our seating was at 8:30pm and our party was set up from 7-8:30pm

Here's another pic of the breakfast set up by our butler at St. Thomas

ry%3D480

If you don't mind me asking.......how much did you tip the Butler right away? I never know the right amount. Sound like you had an amazing trip!

If you don't mind me asking.......how much did you tip the Butler right away? I never know the right amount. Sound like you had an amazing trip!

In case you had not noticed, this thread is more than a year old. Chances are you would have a better opportunity getting your question answered by searching for and posting your question on a thread topic that covers tipping. Actually, there are plenty out there. If you search and find them, read through the thread to see if your questions are answered. Good luck and enjoy your future cruise.

Edited by vulcan1971