Sloths and Cocoa, can it be done? and JJ website??

CruisingGatorGirl

Does anyone know of a tour that allows you to visit the sloth sanctuary and visit a cocoa farm (and eat different types of chocolate)?

Celebrity offers a cocoa plant excursion where you get to sample all different kinds of chocolate- I do not see many tours with this? And I know there are lots of sloth sanctuary excursions. I would like to actually have different kinds of chocolate- not just cocoa bean. I need to find a combo tour :rolleyes:

My fiance is dying to see a sloth up close and I am a chocolate lover!

In a perfect world there would be a tour that includes: the jungle cruise, some sort of walk/hike through a jungle (can be short), sloth and monkey sightings, and chocolate for me!

Does an excursion like this exists? :D

p.s.

I keep seeing people talk about "JJ" but I cannot locate a website for JJ

Thank you in advance!

Does anyone know of a tour that allows you to visit the sloth sanctuary and visit a cocoa farm (and eat different types of chocolate)?

Celebrity offers a cocoa plant excursion where you get to sample all different kinds of chocolate- I do not see many tours with this? And I know there are lots of sloth sanctuary excursions. I would like to actually have different kinds of chocolate- not just cocoa bean. I need to find a combo tour :rolleyes:

My fiance is dying to see a sloth up close and I am a chocolate lover!

In a perfect world there would be a tour that includes: the jungle cruise, some sort of walk/hike through a jungle (can be short), sloth and monkey sightings, and chocolate for me!

Does an excursion like this exists? :D

p.s.

I keep seeing people talk about "JJ" but I cannot locate a website for JJ

Thank you in advance!

Hi CruisingGatorGirl,

We were on the Celebrity Equinox last month and ported at Puerto Limon. I don't know if there is a tour that exactly matches your desired venture or not. We were docked in Costa Rica for 12 hours, and if you are too, that will be an advantage to find something good even if significant time and travel is involved.

I would recommend contacting Greenway Nature Day Tours directly to see if they can help. They may be able to tailor one to meet your needs. We did the Limon 6-in-1 tour with them and had a great time.

The Equinox is one beautifull ship. It was the longest cruise we've taken (11 nts) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

Hi CruisingGatorGirl,

We were on the Celebrity Equinox last month and ported at Puerto Limon. I don't know if there is a tour that exactly matches your desired venture or not. We were docked in Costa Rica for 12 hours, and if you are too, that will be an advantage to find something good even if significant time and travel is involved.

I would recommend contacting Greenway Nature Day Tours directly to see if they can help. They may be able to tailor one to meet your needs. We did the Limon 6-in-1 tour with them and had a great time.

The Equinox is one beautifull ship. It was the longest cruise we've taken (11 nts) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! This is great information!

I thought you might like this.

A few years ago I was out at night looking for tree frogs. I had walked past this spot just a few minutes prior and got to a dead end and turned around. I was so busy looking up into the trees I almost stepped on this mamma that had come down for her montly poop. I've seen lots of sloths but this is the first time I almost tripped over one.

NightSloth2.jpg

NightSloth3.jpg

Odd how in some of the photos the baby just disappears in it's mother's fur.

• 4 weeks later...
I thought you might like this.

A few years ago I was out at night looking for tree frogs. I had walked past this spot just a few minutes prior and got to a dead end and turned around. I was so busy looking up into the trees I almost stepped on this mamma that had come down for her montly poop. I've seen lots of sloths but this is the first time I almost tripped over one.

NightSloth2.jpg

NightSloth3.jpg

Odd how in some of the photos the baby just disappears in it's mother's fur.

WOW, what a great surprise for you!!! And how about that spider? YIKES!!!! Thanks for sharing your photos, that baby is cute.

When I arrived a cute little 8 year old showed me where not to stick my hand without looking... and to bang out my shoes and flippers to get the spiders out... and not be afraid of the tarantula that lives under this table because he was friendly...

• 3 weeks later...

"In a perfect world there would be a tour that includes: the jungle cruise, some sort of walk/hike through a jungle (can be short), sloth and monkey sightings, and chocolate for me!"

Any luck finding a tour that approximates what you are looking for? We're looking for the same thing (with a stop at a local store to pick up some coffee)...

Archived