Navigator June 4th Review (Sort of)

We were on the June 4th sailing of the Navigator. Here is my mini report. I’m not very good at keeping notes, so it’s basically all what I can remember off the top of my head. So it might all be jumbled up together. If there is anything in particular that you would like to know, please ask and I’ll try to answer (if I can).

We are a family of 4 which consists of my husband & myself both 38, my 2 daughters 15 & 16.

Embarkation: We arrived at the port at around 11:00 AM. Check in was quick & painless. We waited in a line to board for a short amount of time. I didn’t keep track of the time so I’m not 100% sure how long we waited, I just now that it was not long at all.

I do not like fountain drinks so I had packed my small rolling cooler with some cans Diet Coke & bottled water. It was not hidden or smuggled in and we had no problem. We did get the soda sticker for the girls and they got their fill of Shirley Temples. :)

Ship: Absolutely Beautifu!

Cabin: We had adjoining PR cabins 7289 &7287. Great midship location & great view of the Promenade. VERY little storage space. We had a total of 4 tiny drawers in each cabin. Lots of hangers in the closet though. One other complaint about 7287, it is right next to the cabin stewards supply closet and they start rolling out their carts & supplies really early in the morning :o It can get kind of noisy.

Shows & Entertainment: We went to all the shows except for Thursday night when we HAD to watch the Miami Heat lose (grrr to my DH)! The ice show was great, but it fills up FAST! We had tickets to the 9PM show on Tues. We got there at 8:33 and had to sit up where the tables are. There were lots of seat savers as well.

The Quest was hilarious! Although again, we got there a bit too late. There were people sitting on the stairs! It was packed!

The Marriage game was a fun as well.

I wish they would have more karaoke. We consider that a fun sort of entertainment!

Food: We had main sitting in the Nutcracker dining room 3rd floor. We had a table for 8 which we shared with my daughter’s godmother & her family. Our waiter was Arnell, assistant waiter was Carlos, Head Waiter Ali. They were all efficient and friendly. Our asst. waiter knew our drink preferences by the 2nd day. Our headwaiter arranged for my daughter to have strawberries & whipped cream every night for dessert. I also asked on Wednesday if they had a night when they offered crème brulee and he surprised me with crème brulee on Friday night! He had 10 made for our entire table.

The food in the dining room was generally good. B+

Windjammer B

Room Service B

Café Promenade B+ (Gotta love the cookies & mini sandwiches!)

Johnny Rockets B (Onion Rings are yummy)

We ate in Chops on Thursday night and that was Outstanding! The desserts were to die for as well. A+++

Teen Club: The girls had fun, made friends and they were happy….so I guess it was good! :)

Ports:

Puerto Rico: We WALKED all the way to El Morro. Actually, we started walking around town but ended up walking to El Morro after being told that it wasn’t that far. It’s really not that bad, at least we got some exercise out of it, but we did take a taxi back to the pier. $10 for the 4 of us.

St. Thomas: We took a cab into town at $4 per person. We had planned on going to St. John but it was overcast and we feared a choppy ride on the ferry. It started to pour rain on the way. It stopped within 10 minutes but the weather remained overcast. We just window shopped a bit then went back to the ship.

St. Maarten: Absolutely beautiful weather! We took a taxi (Mr. Virgo) to Marigot, we walked around for about 45 minutes. We stopped at the pastry shop & we bought an awesome Paninni at a small café. Then we were off to Orient Beach. On the way to Orient Beach Mr. Virgo stopped at the fire station so my husband (he’s a firefighter) could take pictures. He took us to Boo Boo Jam which he said was more kid oriented. It was absolutely beautiful. We arrived at around 12pm or so and we paid $5 for 3 beach chairs, no umbrellas. I don’t know how much they normally cost, but the guy said $5 for 3 because they were out of cushions. We only saw one topless lady there but as we walked further up the beach there was more nudity. I don’t have a problem with nudity but we did see 2 nudies on top of each other possibly trying to recreate a scene from “From Here to Eternity”. Fortunately none of the kids were with us to witness that one!

After the beach Mr. Virgo dropped us off in Philipsburg for a bit of shopping. Total cost for all 8 of us was $150.

Nassau: We planned on staying on the ship but we got off just to check some prices and to get our charm fro DI. My perfume was $70 in St. Thomas, $64 in St. Maarten, & $94 in Nassau!!! :x We were back on the ship about 45 minutes after we got off.

We had a great time! I made daily donations to the bingo pot. Never won a penny though. I did get the shirt, the bracelet and the Cruise in review because of my many donations to the cause. I’m glad that I did not pay for the DVD because I would have been very disappointed.

Mango Tangos ROCK!!!

I missed the Meet & Mingle because I was inline wit the kids for rock climbing then I ran to make my bingo donation & I totally forgot. :(

Debarkation: We had gray tags and we were called at around 9:30 or so. By the time we cleared customs was about 11:00. When we got home we noticed that the wheels on one of our suitcases were both damaged. :( We didn’t notice earlier because our porter loaded our bags into the car.

Any questions…. Feel free to ask.

Just a quick question about your rooms? We are booked in September with connecting Promande rooms. We traveled on similar ship in the past and I keep wondering where the connecting door is. Do you give up closet space?

I don't think that you give up any closet space, the closet was a nice size. As you enter the cabin you have the closet on the right, the tv, then the door and then the dresser. The other room is a mirror image. I hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks for your review. I have one closet question. Does the closet have hanging shelves or cubbies or shall I bring my own. I have one that hangs like a hanger, but drops down 5 or 6 shelves to store folded clothes on.

Thanks;)

Thanks for the info, was worried we would not have the same space in the past. We have sailed with Sister and Brother in law in the past, but we never had rooms even close to each other. We thought this would be nice to be right next door and able to converse without leaving the room.

Thanks for the info, was worried we would not have the same space in the past. We have sailed with Sister and Brother in law in the past, but we never had rooms even close to each other. We thought this would be nice to be right next door and able to converse without leaving the room.

We had connecting balcony rooms with BIL and SIL on our NOS cruise. Worked out great for the reason you said. The only thing I wish they let you do was to open the divider between the two balconies to increase the size. Not sure of the real reason they don't allow this. The stateroom attendant told me "safety" which I didn't quite understand.

Does the closet have hanging shelves or cubbies or shall I bring my own.

The closet has I believe about 3 shelves on the side where the safe is. Your hanging shelves sound way more practical though. Plus it will also help since there isn't much drawer space.

Thanks for the review. I will be on the Navigator on July 2 for my first cruise. I have a few questions. Is the hot tub open at night? Do you know the hours of the internet cafe? If you used the internet cafe , was it crowded? Thanks.

Is the hot tub open at night? Do you know the hours of the internet cafe? If you used the internet cafe , was it crowded?

According to the cruise Compass, select hot tubs are open 24 hrs. I did not use the internet cafe, but I believe that was open 24 hrs. as well.

Have a great cruise!

Archived