Any recommended private excursions in Belize?

saskaraoke

Well it depends on what you want to do. Snorkel? See Maya Ruins? Cave-tube? a bit of Belize scenery and history? All sorts of excursions.

May I suggest you search this board for and google up Nacho and Cynthia. If they aren't booked, they'll suggest and do just about anything. Nacho has a wealth of information and history and corny jokes and quizzy stuff that your older parents might enjoy. He's very responsive when you email him. He'll telephone you back by the next day at the latest. Cynthia is an excellent driver and will get you past any delays.

Found a thread for you http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1488645&page=3

and their website: http://ncqadventuretours.com/

Thank you very much, crewsweeper! We will not do snorkeling, cave-tubing, or any other physically intensive activities, but any mild or moderate activity tours would be fine for us. The carnival website provides a Belize zoo and city tour that costs $66/person. It sounds a little expensive to me.

Me and my wife (43 and 36) and three of our parents (64-68) are going on a Carnival Magic cruise on May 6th. We would like to find a good private excursion to go on. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

The ruins are good to see, i really enjoyed my day at Altun Ha, which is about an hour away from the Port, it's a little bit smaller than the ruins that I've seen in Mexico but it's worth the visit.

When I went there privately in May of 2009 we stayed at San Pedro Ambergis Caye and booked a River Rafting/River Fishing Tour with one of the the company which was very enjoyable and relaxing. You float on a huge raft and try out different fishing marks through the River. We ended up almost half a bucket of fish, which wasn't too bad considering it was four of us:D. What topped it off was that we got to see the Howler Monkeys in the trees on our voyage through the river! There's lots to do in Belize so the choice is up to you. For your Age group I'd either recommend one of these two or HorseBack Riding/Belize Zoo or CaveTubing. I usually arrange these excursions with my buddy Lei, who is a(Private) tour guide he has access to all these tours and stuff you will be needing. His contact is realwaytogo@yahoo.com, you can msg him anytime and he always responds quickly, tell him Melissa recommended you!!! =)

My family and I (husband and children at the time 10, 7, and 5) were in Belize in December of 2011. We booked directly with the cave tubing company. They were very organized throughout the whole process--from booking right to the actual day of excursion. We were picked up in a van that was air conditioned. We went with another family, so it was a total of 9 of us. Our guide picked us up and drove us directly to the site. I will write that there was a lot of walking. I didn't think it was too bad, but just want to mention it. The tubing was amazing! On the way back, we were treated to a real home cooked meal and drinks. The food was great!! We all had seconds. The people we dealt with were extremely friendly and welcoming. I'm not sure if I am able to write down specific names--not sure what the rules are to this on the boards. I'd be willing to e-mail you the company and contact if you think this is something you might want to do. There were many other companies at the same site and all looked pretty much the same. I can only speak about my experience and will write that the kids still talk about it! Safety was never an issue and fun was had the whole time.

Thank you very much, crewsweeper! We will not do snorkeling, cave-tubing, or any other physically intensive activities, but any mild or moderate activity tours would be fine for us. The carnival website provides a Belize zoo and city tour that costs $66/person. It sounds a little expensive to me.

See if nacho or perhaps CoralBreeze has tours here. Tour of City is relatively short, just a couple of stops. Across from the Anglican Church is the Cultual Museum which used to house the British Colonial Governor. You can see it's yard cannons and an old motor yacht from the tender on your way in. Very interesting colonial and native artifacts there, if you enjoy history. The zoo isn't your typical zoo here. Rather it was establsihed as a native animal rehab/preserve. It does entail walking around but with good shoes it's not strenuous. I do agree that $66 pp is a bit on the high side.

Archived