cruising as a couple vs. WITH another couple

our first cruise (a few weeks ago) we went with another couple and had a blast. now it seems as though the couple we went with may be headed for divorce court (long story, LOL) and we're looking ahead to booking another cruise. can anyone compare/contrast cruising with others vs. cruising as a couple? thanks.

our first cruise (a few weeks ago) we went with another couple and had a blast. now it seems as though the couple we went with may be headed for divorce court (long story, LOL) and we're looking ahead to booking another cruise. can anyone compare/contrast cruising with others vs. cruising as a couple? thanks.

What on earth were you doing on your cruise??? :eek:

Have you considered a group cruise maybe?

I have found going as just a couple, you meet more people. Going with another couple sometimes limits that.

I have recruised wit a couple I met on my first cruise numerous times, till we had a land vacation.:eek:

What on earth were you doing on your cruise??? :eek:

Have you considered a group cruise maybe?

no, it wasn't anything that happened on the cruise that's steering them towards divorce court. it was one of those things where we booked the cruise like 9 months ahead of time, when things weren't great between them, then they were going to stay together "just until the trip", and now I think everyone involved has come down to the final straw.

When you speak of "group cruises", you mean like the CC group cruises? I'd love to, if they would have one going when we wanted to go.

I hadn't thought of that. How much of a PITA is that? Guess I better head on up to the "start a group cruise" post and read up, huh? thanks for the suggestion.

I think you mentioned July 2007, so you will have plenty of time to decide. Bookings wont be open until spring 2006.

I dont think its too much PITA, I started a post to see if there was any interest in a Med or transatlantic cruise on Liberty next year, so maybe I will eat those words shortly. :eek:

I think you mentioned July 2007, so you will have plenty of time to decide. Bookings wont be open until spring 2006.

There has been some chatter about an S&SIII you know :eek:

I dont think its too much PITA, I started a post to see if there was any interest in a Med or transatlantic cruise on Liberty next year, so maybe I will eat those words shortly. :eek:

Specially when they will all want you to organize a charter flight! :rolleyes:

We have done both and both were great, howevere cruising with someone else was so much more fun. We will continue to cruise but I am not sure we will ever go alone again. The boats are so big that there is plenty of opportunity to find alone time. Happy Cruising:)

I hadn't thought of that. How much of a PITA is that? Guess I better head on up to the "start a group cruise" post and read up, huh? thanks for the suggestion.

I have also heard of the "Shameless Groupe Cruise" mentioned ...lol...;)

Another post..

I am doing my first CC Group Cruise and it is fun I think!!!! Stress full untill you get your 8 cabins to make it really official, so you get all the amenities!!!!!!! You can do it I have seen you on here for a while,, and your funny and fun to read your posts,, so, I would say go for it!!! I may join you if I don't have my own going !!!! I am looking for something in 2007 also but not when you are.. I like April pre hurricane season, and kids are out of school!! I like cruising with my step son he is pretty cool... Only 11 and 2 cruises under his belt he will be seasoned by the time he is my age!!! LOL!!! we like to scuba together!!!! Maybe Bermuda next time!!!7_3_130.gif

We have done 2 cruises with others and 2 alone. We enjoyed them all. I am type A planner, so with a group, usually we're doing something I recommended. There is a lot of pressure that goes with this. I know I shouldn't care, but with a group I worry more about if everyone else is enjoying themselves and if I picked the right ship, excursions, etc. But when it's just DH and I, we only have ourselves to please. And DH is so easygoing, that that's a breeze! I think you relax more on a cruise as a couple and in a group it's go, go, go. Both are fun, it just depends what you are looking for.

Ya know every guy I dated in high school is gay. I could blame myself but I choose to think I just picked successful men since they all make a fortune now and are in very happy relationships (none of them knew or admitted they had those tendancies at that time so I am not someone who dated unattainable men :) )

I like traveling with other couples as long as we know when to give eachother enough leash line. We try to pick couples who are a good mix of slow and go (Gene and I are like that) and willing to try new food, drinks etc. Not all night party people but not early to bed types either.. and as non judgemental as possible It works out well.

Ya know every guy I dated in high school is gay. I could blame myself but I choose to think I just picked successful men since they all make a fortune now and are in very happy relationships (none of them knew or admitted they had those tendancies at that time so I am not someone who dated unattainable men :) )

What ?

what does that have to do whether your preference is travelling as a couple or with another couple has to do with the first part of your post.? :confused:

What ?

what does that have to do whether your preference is travelling as a couple or with another couple has to do with the first part of your post.? :confused:

I notice her post was right after one of mine, so maybe it reminded her of that...........

Besides........Who made you the board police??.......people have side conversations in these posts all the time.

We like cruising both as a couple and with other couples. Our experiences have been very positive either way. As a couple, we had more leeway to decide what to do and when. Cruising with other couples, we took into consideration their ideas. When we last cruised with two other couples, it worked very well. We weren't joined at the hip so everyone felt they could go their own way when they wanted to. BUT we also enjoyed our time together very much and usually ate meals together as well as touring the ports. At times there were three couples together, two couples together or five of the six of us.

Archived