Price Drop ???

luvcruisin66

Hi all....

Ok the price just dropped on my Carnival Dream cruise in October and I booked early saver in a 7c. What price can I submit? The lowest price for a Balcony, which is Super Saver? Or the next lowest , which is Past Guest?

TIA :)

It has to be a 7C price.. not a gty price. Super saver, isnt that a gty price where if you click thru carnival picks your cabin.

Its not enough its just the lowest balcony price, it has to be a 7C price. Hope they are not all sold out. Its a category that does sometimes sell out early.

Make sure you click thru and see its a 7C price.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but this is my first time getting a price drop this way. Anyway, what price do we submit? The price of the room....say $569? Or the total price including taxes and fees? Or the cruise rate minus taxes?

Thanks again!

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but this is my first time getting a price drop this way. Anyway, what price do we submit? The price of the room....say $569? Or the total price including taxes and fees? Or the cruise rate minus taxes?

Thanks again!

you are comparing cruisefare to cruisefare. It doesnt seem to matter if you do it for the entire cabin.. or I send it in as a per person rate.

but you do not count the add on fees and taxes.. if you overpaid you will get a credit once onboard for this.

ES only the fare is price protected.. if the add on fees and taxes went up since you booked they will subtract the difference from your price drop and give you the difference.

Hahaha sorry...one more question...:o

How do you know if/when they give you the price difference?

I submitted the total fare minus the taxes and fees. Carnival sent a new confirmation email with the new total when they finished processing the price adjustment.

Question! I am booked ES/50% reduced deposit for Sept. and am thinking about moving my cruise 2 weeks later than originally scheduled. I just submitted my ES form for price reduction on my original booking based on a "mock" booking total fare amount. Then I realized its not a 50% deposit, only Past Guest regular deposit, the Fun Select offers it, but at a higher price than I paid. I have already paid my "full" deposit.

I just looked at the fareviewer site, it shows a different amount than on the mock booking? Fun Select on mock booking shows $1486.44, on Fareviewer, Fun Select shows $1238.00, very confusing. Am I correct in that I have to look at the fares offered only for 50%? and if so, it reads, "no change fees" under this sale, does that mean I would not have to pay the usual $50pp change rate? If so, I think I need to call them.

Thanks!

Archived