Just got off of the Fascination

rshal22

Loved our cruise especially the Little Stirrup Cay port. They could have left me there for a few days. I would have been perfectly fine with that. The island was absolutely paradise.

My only complaint was the entertainment staff. The cruise director, Craig, was not very informative. His assistant totally sucked. She didn't even try to make herself presentable. They barely wore their uniforms, mostly wore worn out everyday clothes. The singers could not sing except for the black guy. He was an awesome singer & dancer. I never could figure out who the lead singers were. The shows were terrible. I would have to rate the entertainment a 3 out of 10.

I have been hearing a lot of bad reviews from the older littler ships these days. I have been on the inspiration and the imagination probably about 15yrs or so ago and that is when they were not that old. The shows were great and the ship was clean and the staff did everything they could to make your cruise great.

Now I think they are focusing all of there attention on the new bigger ships.

Part of the problem is that Craig isn't the normal CD for the Fascination, so he may not have actually known that much about the ship and the ports--i.e., he didn't do his homework, and/or he just doesn't care. Looks like he is going to be on Freedom June-July and again September-October.

I didn't have a problem with the two shows on the Fascination--at least they were different shows than before. I liked Divas (I think) better than the other show, but I can also see how people who enjoyed the old shows may not like the newer shows--they are definitely a different style of show.

Loved our cruise especially the Little Stirrup Cay port. They could have left me there for a few days. I would have been perfectly fine with that. The island was absolutely paradise.

My only complaint was the entertainment staff. The cruise director, Craig, was not very informative. His assistant totally sucked. She didn't even try to make herself presentable. They barely wore their uniforms, mostly wore worn out everyday clothes. The singers could not sing except for the black guy. He was an awesome singer & dancer. I never could figure out who the lead singers were. The shows were terrible. I would have to rate the entertainment a 3 out of 10.

We will be on the Fascination May 11, I sure cant wait. We are going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

5/2013 Carinval Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

We are sailing in May and going to Little Stirup Cay. I was wondering if you know if you can snorkel on your own or if they make everyone pay the fee for the excursion? There have been mixed comments about this from those who know the island as Coco Cay. My guess is that the cruise lines are running the island a little different from one another.

Also, did Carnival provide a buffet on the island? I have read that the other line does and that the buffets are different depending on if you have a cabana or not.

I have also read that there is a kids area (small water park), but have been unable to confirm this. Do you know if this was available for the Carnival line.

Glad you liked Little Stirrup Cay port, we recently booked a trip with that stop. We found Half Moon totally amazing 2 weeks ago. Yea, The Black guy for sure was the star of there shows. He was really good our kids really thought the same to.

WE had Craig a few weeks back, He was actually very active Easter week..Always around and keeping us up to date..May have been a bad week for him.

We see the water play area in LSC is $20 per person for the day, Do you know by chance how deep the water was in that area..?

I know they told us life vest must be worn..Just they didnt know about how deep water was.

Archived