Price drop approved - for twice what I requsted!

Teamv

Last night I sent in a price protection form for $60.00 total for our cabin. Tonight I received approval and to our great surprise and delight Carnival gave us $120, not the $60 that I had requested. I checked and the price for our cabin is now $120 less than what we paid when using the Past Guest rate. I didn't see that as I was only checking the Early Saver rate. (I took a screen shot of the lower rate, just in case) Thanks Carnival!!

Last night I sent in a price protection form for $60.00 total for our cabin. Tonight I received approval and to our great surprise and delight Carnival gave us $120, not the $60 that I had requested. I checked and the price for our cabin is now $120 less than what we paid when using the Past Guest rate. I didn't see that as I was only checking the Early Saver rate. (I took a screen shot of the lower rate, just in case) Thanks Carnival!!

I must just book at the cheapest times somehow I have 3 cruises booked and only one has gone down and it was only 20 bucks! :D

:cool: I got $30 bucks today!! $100 since I booked!! That is 2 days of Cheers!!!:D

I just noticed that my price dropped $40 total since I got an $80 drop last week. I emailed my TA just now but since it's late hopefully this sale will last through tomorrow. Mind you, this would be the 2nd price drop since I booked under the Friends/Family rate just 3 weeks . Price is going up and down.

I put in for a $30 drop last night and they gave me $50 despite the fact that the rate change in Manage My Cruise shows the rate I put in for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten nothing on this upcoming cruise. The only thing that changes price wise is the same category, but the most expensive rate. They keep changing it by $15. I get excited every time I get an alert for nothing. :(

I must just book at the cheapest times somehow I have 3 cruises booked and only one has gone down and it was only 20 bucks! :D

You know I'm thinking the same thing. All these people who get hundreds of dollars in obc must be booking with higher rates. Both my cruises we booked a year out and got nothing on the first and about $40 on the second.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I emailed my TA last night and still haven't heard back from him. My sister thinks that he's going to get tired of "this crazy lady" saying something everytime the cruise drops $1 lol. But my thoughts are that if he wants his commission, then he better hop to it. I am not on ES so I can easily just cancel my cruise through him and rebook. :-) On the flip side, this makes for a good argument against TAs. I could have been done this myself.

Still nothing from the TA. Kind of better though since the price dropped another $4/pp since last night. I would rather the $60 price difference anyways than the $40 price difference.

Question from a TA - Does this annoy you guys when a customer is constantly requesting a price change?

I put in for a $30 drop last night and they gave me $50 despite the fact that the rate change in Manage My Cruise shows the rate I put in for.

I just figured the difference on my drop. The actual drop lowered me to a lower priced trip insurance by $20. Thus, $50 total. Mystery solved!

You know I'm thinking the same thing. All these people who get hundreds of dollars in obc must be booking with higher rates. Both my cruises we booked a year out and got nothing on the first and about $40 on the second.

Actually, for both my prior cruise and my upcoming cruise I booked at the lowest rate that wasn't a "guarantee" cabin. My prior cruise I had right at $300 in drops. I'm definitely not booking at the highest rates. I book about a year out and take advantage of drops right up to the sail date.

I sent my TA an email for a $10 drop and she wrote me back stating that I actually had a $30 drop. I didn't use fareviewer and only did a mock booking. The mock booking showed the ES rate and the Fun Select rates. She saw the PG rates; it saved me money because it included automatic upgrades to the cabin I have booked. When I checked fare viewer, true enough, the PG rate showed.

Most times, the huge drops are because people have more than one cabin booked and they are just telling you the total amount saved. Other times, they really do have large price drops.

Do you have to book the early saver to get the price adjustment? Just wondering for future cruises. All this money saving is great =)

No, any rate except for Instant Saver and Super Saver will get you price drops. The only difference is, you don't use the ES form to request the lower rates AND you can only get the savings up until your final payment date; the date the cruise must be paid in full; not the day you paid it in full because you may have paid earlier than the due date.

Under Early Saver you can price match up until 2 days before your sail date and you must submit the ES form for the reduction in price.

Archived