Bringing wine onboard but not to drink...

LocardsChild

As in buying it at a port for taking home. Is there a very obvious table to check it for them to hold it or do I go through the scan and wait for them to see it?

Has anyone had a problem with showing up at the end of the week and their wine is missing? I'm slightly concerned as we're on the med circuit with three boarding ports.

TIA!

B

Your bags are scanned every time you re-board at each port. Your alcohol will be taken and your room number and last name is put on it. On the last night of the trip you can go to a certain area on board and get your alcohol. I've never had a problem.

I have not had a problem with it in the past. They asked for my name and room number and on the last night they have a room set up. You give the person your name and room number and they get your liquor for you.

On my last cruise, I knew I was planning on brining it home and not drinking it on the ship, so I kept it separate and when I walked up to the scanner, I laid it out separately and just asked them to hold it for me.

Ooh, thanks for that tidbit. I'll keep an eye out for whether we'll have to do luggage walk-off if it's morning pickup. We have some great wine travel bags but I still like to bury them in the middle of the suitcase.

Thanks!

B

Archived