Black Diamond Suite 15000 Jade just back, fabulous

Magickpyggie

We will be in the same cabin on the Gem. How did you find the balcony? Was it super windy? I just wonder as it's up so high so nothing is blocking it.

Does the TV swivel?

I know you get free soda. Do you just use the ones in the frig or do they give you others. I heard someone say they got charged for sodas in the DOS because they used the mini-bar sodas. Seemed a bit strange, but thought I'd ask.

Were you able to do any substitutions on the free bottles of liquor?

Any other info or tips on the cabin would be great. We're so excited and can't wait!

Thanks!

Hi goldmom,

The Gem is slightly different in that there are two DOS, the Jade has only one, so you get only one balcony, if you are lying down taking the sun the wind isn't too bad. We had two sunbeds, two chairs and two tables on the balcony so a lot of room. There are three tv's the lounge and the bedroom were fixed, the bathroom is on a wall swivel.

The sodas and water were just refreshed, we didn't have a minibar. We were give a list and chose one Scotch and two very nice red wines, you can mix and match as you wish.

We had dinner sent up from Grand Pacific two nights, because you can! It was fabulous, Bose sound system, but take your own CD's if you want your choice of music.

Ask any questions you want, I will write the review soon.

Bests

John

You can't see the side of the ship, it's about a 45 degree angle to the sea and the Garden Villa "wall" behind you cuts off your view to the rear.

The pool can be noisy, but the patio doors are effective and you have motorised blinds at the front to stop any view in at night. Thick curtains help too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great photos! I loved the one's of you and your husband. But, shucks, now I want to be rich...lol

I was curious as to the bedroom window overlooking the ship, did that cause any issues? Were other passengers able to see into your room?

One day I hope to sail in luxury. For now I will settle with a balcony cabin.

There are motorised blinds that you can raise at night as you can be seen at night if there is a light on or behind you. The curtains are very thick however. You can see through the glass onto the balconies but not clearly. It is worth it, we will have to start doing the lottery soon!

If you have any questions about the Black Diamond Suite 15000 on the Jade, just ask. We were on April 6th Eastern Med cruise. It was outstanding.

Sent from Joan's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad you had a great time! I am looking at this itinerary. Can you comment on what you did in the ports?

I don't think the Jade is going to do that itinerary again, they had five crew coaches to Massada and the Dead Sea because it was the last time. The new itinerary did not seem very popular with the crew as there is only one sea day and they have to get a lot into that.

Hi jdymd, sorry I did not give you a very good response.

Alanya walked ashore and down the quayside and mostly looked at the ships in the harbour, very pleasant area.

Limassol Used the shuttle bus to the town and walked around then found a little restaurant where we had a meat platter that was very good then got the shuttle bus back

Haifa Did a ships tour to the winery and Rothschilds gardens, good tour good wine and cheese and nice courier

Iraklion As this was a Sunday, took a ships tour to winery, really to shop, then visit to Cretan village and snacks, quite good.

Naples Took taxi ti Sorrento where we had two and a half hours in Sorrento and stops en route for pictures, see links to pictures.

Hi Gillian, lovely to meet you and Jacquie too, hopefully we will meet again

John and Joan

I just booked this stateroom. I am very excited and have a few questions for you.

When you are laying in bed and looking over the end of the bed, are you looking at windows or a solid wall?

When the ship is moving is the balcony useable, is it too windy to enjoy?

With the angle of the balcony walls are you able to see port and starboard well enough to take a pic?

Does the sir conditioning keep the room cool. It looks like it can get hot.

Did you have the portable phone that you can carry around the ship? I loved having it when we sailed on the Epic.

What did you like most and least about the room?

Thanks

Hi Lisax

I will try to answer your questions,

You are looking at the TV, and the starboard patio door is on the right side

It can get windy if the Jade is heading into the wind at speed, you can sit down.

Have you checked out the pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/magickpyggie a lot of them were taken on the balcony.

Best liking, the seclusion and opulence.

Worst dislike, the starboard patio door had a habit of unlocking itself at night, just had to set the child lock.

That is a very minor issue.

It is fabulous

John

Who was your concierge? We sailed the Jade last year with Carlos (second time with Carlos and we think he's great!). We will be back on the Jade in August and wondering if he might still be on board (realizing, of course, that even if he is on the Jade now, he might very well be on vacation in August). Thanks!

Hi KJE Atlanta,

Yes Carlos was the Concierge and we had met him last year too, he made our cruise really special and I think he got almost as much fun as we did from our 40th celebration and the birth of our Grandson.

He did say that he was getting bored with the Med especially as they have stopped the Eastern Med cruises now.

We met another couple who were starting a "follow Carlos" club.

John

Hi KJE Atlanta,

Yes Caelos is the Concierge and helped make it an outstanding cruise, he seemed as excited about our 40th celebrations and our new Grandson as we did. He seems to be a bit fed up with the Med just now especially as this was the last Eastern Med cruise.

John

• 3 months later...

This my first time on this so bare with me, I am wavering between the Black Diamond, the PH on Holland and the PH on RC have you been on any of these and do you have an opinion. Do you get FABULOUS service I was disappointed with the service in the penthouse on Holland