How long to get a response for a Latitudes adjustment?

Staci0615

I booked the Breakaway back in February and when I logged into myNCL I saw I was 13 points from gold. When I reviewed my past cruises something looked missing, so after brainstorming with my DSIL I figured out they did not list my 13 day re positioning cruise on the Sun- which my mom had bought for us. I sent them an email as per the instructions but still have not heard anything. It did say they were backed up but its going on the 8 weeks now and nothing.... I normally wouldn't care but it will make me Gold for the Breakaway and that includes the priority boarding I believe.

Has any one else had to deal with the Latitudes department?

I booked the Breakaway back in February and when I logged into myNCL I saw I was 13 points from gold. When I reviewed my past cruises something looked missing, so after brainstorming with my DSIL I figured out they did not list my 13 day re positioning cruise on the Sun- which my mom had bought for us. I sent them an email as per the instructions but still have not heard anything. It did say they were backed up but its going on the 8 weeks now and nothing.... I normally wouldn't care but it will make me Gold for the Breakaway and that includes the priority boarding I believe.

Unfortunately, it does take a while. Did you book the Breakaway through NCL? If so, you should contact your PCC and see if they can make contact with Latitudes.

Did you include proof of your sailing when you submitted the information?

I'm still waiting on an answer to an email sent about four weeks ago (my daughter is one point away from Platinum, due to a posting error on one of our sailings - no extra suite credit). Our sailing is coming up in a month, so I plan to call in about two weeks if I hear nothing.

Robin

Unfortunately, it does take a while. Did you book the Breakaway through NCL? If so, you should contact your PCC and see if they can make contact with Latitudes.

Did you include proof of your sailing when you submitted the information?

I did talk to my PCC and she told me that Latitudes is a separate department and she could only send an email just like I did.

The cruise was from 2001 I don't have any proof other than some pictures we took and the vouching of my brother and SIL who traveled with us. My mom who did the booking Unfortunetly passed away 4 years ago.

I did talk to my PCC and she told me that Latitudes is a separate department and she could only send an email just like I did.

The cruise was from 2001 I don't have any proof other than some pictures we took and the vouching of my brother and SIL who traveled with us. My mom who did the booking Unfortunetly passed away 4 years ago.

Your brother and sister-in-law vouching for you will not work.

Did you include the pictures in your email? This is definitely one of the ways to substantiate your claim - specifically ones that show you on the ship.

Your brother and sister-in-law vouching for you will not work.

Did you include the pictures in your email? This is definitely one of the ways to substantiate your claim - specifically ones that show you on the ship.

Wont they have the record from the cruise cards they originally issued. If they had a phone number I could speak to someone- I could give all the information they might need to look it up. I gave the itinerary and the name of the persons traveling.

Wont they have the record from the cruise cards they originally issued. If they had a phone number I could speak to someone- I could give all the information they might need to look it up. I gave the itinerary and the name of the persons traveling.

The system has gone through so many changes over the years anything is possible.

I too ended up using a photo of us standing in front of the boarding scene .

It worked. It may have something to do with your Mom booking it (paying)

and NCL not connecting the names .

If you get nowhere , click my I email at the bottom of my sig.. ;)

Guys - it can take months to get a response from the latitudes department. I had some messed up accounts and after a couple of months I got some help from NCL's social media director. About 6 weeks later I finally got a reply from latitudes. It's horrible. You can't reach them by phone either. The number listed on the site goes to reservations.

Complain on their FB page. They will then ask you to email details to them at socialmedia@ncl.com. Be prepared for people to be rude to you, though, because there are some real winners on their page.

I complained this morning because they deleted a cruise from my cruise history, just out of the blue. I think the reason they have such a backlog of complaints is that they have some people working there who seem to not know what they are doing, and someone has to go back and fix all the mistakes.

Yikes, it sounds like I better check my math before dreaming about submitting a possible claim.

So, 4 cruises (do you count one fully paid for but upcoming?)

All booked more than 9 months in advance...more like 1 year

3 are 7 day cruises

1 is a 4 day cruise

1 of the 7 day cruises already taken were suite level

4 day cruise was suite level

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the new system thinking 7 day Suite cruise is worth 21 points

The 7 day Balcony cruise already taken was 14

The 4 day worth 12

and not sure about tallying upcoming Hawaii cruise before hand or waiting until taken, but at any rate think that should count as 14 points, in time

Listed as Silver but believe may be Gold...no need to contact them if I'm merely confused/goofed up on my tallies...

Am I correctamundo or just a monkey doing a math problem??? :D

Yikes, it sounds like I better check my math before dreaming about submitting a possible claim.

So, 4 cruises (do you count one fully paid for but upcoming?)

All booked more than 9 months in advance...more like 1 year

3 are 7 day cruises

1 is a 4 day cruise

1 of the 7 day cruises already taken were suite level

4 day cruise was suite level

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the new system thinking 7 day Suite cruise is worth 21 points

The 7 day Balcony cruise already taken was 14

The 4 day worth 12

and not sure about tallying upcoming Hawaii cruise before hand or waiting until taken, but at any rate think that should count as 14 points, in time

Listed as Silver but believe may be Gold...no need to contact them if I'm merely confused/goofed up on my tallies...

Am I correctamundo or just a monkey doing a math problem??? :D

The booked cruise doesn't count yet. You'll get the points after you've taken that cruise.

Oh and if any of your cruises were before they changed the Latitudes program to a point scheme, they don't receive the extra point per day for booking more than 9 months out.

The booked cruise doesn't count yet. You'll get the points after you've taken that cruise.

Oh and if any of your cruises were before they changed the Latitudes program to a point scheme, they don't receive the extra point per day for booking more than 9 months out.

Aha! That first NCL cruise was in May 2011, thinking that was before the switchover in Latitudes points system. Many thanks...will have to wait for Gold until after next week's sailing (and no need to bother with a pestering letter now, when my math probably wonky to begin with) :cool:

Aha! That first NCL cruise was in May 2011, thinking that was before the switchover in Latitudes points system. Many thanks...will have to wait for Gold until after next week's sailing (and no need to bother with a pestering letter now, when my math probably wonky to begin with) :cool:

Yup, that was before the switch!

Well, you have something to look forward to when you return from Hawaii! :)

Archived