Questions about NCL Jewel

cbtengwife

We have only sailed on Carnival but looking at sailing NCL Jewel in December out of New Orleans. Just have a few questions that I would like input on. Dining, it says freestyle. How hard is it to get a table for two? What type of food is served in main dinning? Do waiters perform? How comfortable are the beds? How are the shows? What kind of onboard activities are offered? Can I bring bottled water onboard?

Thanks in advance for all input and suggestions.

it is very easy to get seating for two, one of the maitre d's said its the easiest to find seating for(1 or 2 people) they have all kind of food in the main dining room like pizza, pasta, burgers,chicken, paninis, etc if you look at my sig i have my review posted. waiters dont perform only in the hibachi restaurant which i would reccomend. the beds are actually really comfortable i was in an inside room. i only went to like 2 shows and they were amazing such as le cirque bijou definitely go see it. they have bingo and ping pong tournaments and slots and etc and yes you can but it has to be unopened

I just got off of the Jewel on Sunday and I loved her!

They have TV's throughout the ship that show you the wait times at the restaurants so you can see how long you will have to wait if there is one. In the main dining room we never waited more than 15 minutes for a table for 2.

In terms of food, they have general cruise ship dining food. 1/2 of the menu is everyday choices (steak/pasta/chicken) and the other 1/2 rotates. Food quality was much better than Carnival in my opinion.

No dancing waiters or diningroom shows though!

Beds were very comfortable :)

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the shows. Best of any ship. They had a comedian, a hypnotist, production cast shows, acrobats, and a magician.

Onboard they have Bingo, Art Auction, Art Seminars, Deal or No Deal game show, general triva contests, pool games, dance lessons...all standard cruise stuff. They also have Nickeloden on this ship which is fun for kids and they do adult Nick games at the pool too!

Yes, you can bring bottled water onboard. No issue.

If you want more info check out my review...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=218599

We have only sailed on Carnival but looking at sailing NCL Jewel in December out of New Orleans. Just have a few questions that I would like input on. Dining, it says freestyle. How hard is it to get a table for two? What type of food is served in main dinning? Do waiters perform? How comfortable are the beds? How are the shows? What kind of onboard activities are offered? Can I bring bottled water onboard?

Thanks in advance for all input and suggestions.

If you stayed in a suite on Carnival then you should try a suite on NCL. The suite amenities are fabulous. If you book a suite on NCL just make sure it includes amenities. Some suites don't have amenities. I sailed on the Jewel this past Feb twice and it's a great ship. I always found something to do and the food is delicious. Have a great cruise!

They don't have pizza or panini in the MDR. Steak, chops, chicken, pasta. One side of the menu is standard every night and the other changes daily. Always something good to choose from.

Beds are generally good and if you need it your room steward can get you an egg crate topper.

You can bring on all the water and soda you want, however, New Orleans is not like many ports, you cannot check you drinks but must carry them aboard.

This year will be out 5 cruise out of NO, we will be on the Jewel in December.

Hope you join us!!:D

Our first cruise was on the Jewel last year, and she got us hooked on cruising! We enjoyed the ship very much, especially the friendliness of the staff. Moderno, an additional charge restaurant, was a favorite with a great salad bar, and delicious grilled meats. The Blue Lagoon had tasty wings. My husband and I never had any trouble getting a table for two at any of the dining areas.

Lots of choices in the main dining room for lunch and dinner.

Yes, you can bring bottled water. You can also bring soft drinks (NCL serves Pepsi products), juices, non-alcoholic mixers. Wine can be brought if you pay the $15 per 750-ml bottle corkage fee. The fee is to consume the wine ANYWHERE on the ship including your stateroom. It has nothing to do with removing the cork.

If you book a suite on NCL just make sure it includes amenities. Some suites don't have amenities.

I'm confused by this statement since ALL suites on NCL receive suite amenities. If you're referring to mini-suites, then yes, mini-suites do NOT receive suite amenities. Mini-suites are misnamed and should be referred to as deluxe balcony cabins.

Simply put, all cabins that begin with an "S" are full suites and receive suite amenities. Cabins that begin with an "M" are mini-suites and do NOT receive suite amenities.

I'm confused by this statement since ALL suites on NCL receive suite amenities. If you're referring to mini-suites, then yes, mini-suites do NOT receive suite amenities. Mini-suites are misnamed and should be referred to as deluxe balcony cabins.

Someone who never sailed on NCL before books a mini suite and thinks they are getting amenities bc they booked a "suite" and then they find out they're not entitled the amenities. It's more confusing to someone who doesn't know that information ahead of time that all "suites"don't get full amenities.

Someone who never sailed on NCL before books a mini suite and thinks they are getting amenities bc they booked a "suite" and then they find out they're not entitled the amenities. It's more confusing to someone who doesn't know that information ahead of time that all "suites"don't get full amenities.

Agreed. But I think it's better to simply explain it that way instead of saying that some suites don't receive amenities.

Archived