Carnival Paradise 4/6/13 - 4/11/13

cruiserdunn

This is a short review of our sailing on Carnival Paradise (4/6/13 - 4/11/13). Three rooms with 8 people cruising. My grandson and I had an ocean view room. My parents were next door in an ocean view room and my sister, brother-in-law and two nephews had an interior room just around the corner. No one should hesitate on booking a cruise on this ship. Perfect size. Perfect décor (we find some can be kind of gaudy). Perfect staff. Food choices were the same as any other cruise we have taken and everything was cooked to perfection. We had a great time. I just wish there were regular balcony rooms available. Embarkation and Debarkation were both a breeze. The Port of Tampa is very easy to find and self parking was right across the street.

Grand Cayman: We had been to this port before and my grandson wanted to go to camp carnival, so I just enjoyed the ship and serenity deck!

Cozumel, MX: We were lucky enough to be docked right in town this time. My grandson and I got off and just walked around. He wanted to swim in the water so we found a nice area along our walk and he was able to play in the water. A few airplanes landed and were very close, he loved it. Every shop owner wants you to stop and look at their items. I got tired of having to say "no thank you" after a while. If I want something, I will stop at your shop. If not, just let my pass. I should have stayed on the ocean side and wouldn't have had this problem, but we needed some shade as we had walked about two miles along the shore. I'll know for next time.

Thanks for this information! I'm boarding the Paradise in about 24 hours, so it's helpful to hear about a great experience that's so recent.

Would you mind letting us know what time you boarded? I live near the port, but I can't figure out how early to leave... :confused: The last time I sailed out of Tampa, I got there too early and waited hours before boarding (at least the terminal wasn't EVACUATED for hours!!). I know it's different every time, but it would help to have at least some idea.

Thanks again!

We got lucky because of the wind and docked at Punta Langosta (sorry if it is not spelled correctly). When we were in Cozumel last year, it docked at the Puerta Maya port. We got off but only walked around the shops that are right at the port. I believe you would need to get transportation to get downtown.

Thanks for this information! I'm boarding the Paradise in about 24 hours, so it's helpful to hear about a great experience that's so recent.

Would you mind letting us know what time you boarded? I live near the port, but I can't figure out how early to leave... :confused: The last time I sailed out of Tampa, I got there too early and waited hours before boarding (at least the terminal wasn't EVACUATED for hours!!). I know it's different every time, but it would help to have at least some idea.

Thanks again!

We stayed in Tampa on Friday, 4/5, near the airport. We left the hotel around 11:30am. Parked in the self parking across the street and were on the ship around 12:30pm (this was with wrong address typed in by my sister, so we had a short detour). Rooms were ready and we dropped off our carry-ons and we were eating lunch by 12:45pm. There were no lines at all. Lady luck was definitely with us!!

glad to hear all that you said. I am in the process of booking her fo my husband and I and our 2 grandsons for next march. They will be 11 yrs old at that point.

Was a little worried

Not to worry. You'll love the ship and all who work on her.

Archived