Fascination Review

Left home same day as cruise. Got on the ship around 1:30. Nice and easy embarkation. No problem getting my caffeine free diet pop on board (just carried a sleeve).

Room was ready shortly after boarding. Was expecting an ocean view cabin for 3 with a bunk on the wall. No bunk, a trundle. :( Gave Patrick (our steward a little tip and asked him to keep our ice bucket full and see if he could snag a roll-away. He was superb and accomplished both requests.

Went to Lido for our first lunch. I was a little taken back by the lack of attention to the serving areas at first but it quickly got better.

The ship is nice. It really grew on me. I enjoyed the staff and the food in the main dining room was excellent.

I loved the smaller serenity area in the aft of the ship. The shows were good for being the new playlist type. The band and entertainers were good.

Went to Nassau and did a glass bottom boat excursion. I would recommend it as a very nice way to see some sights. Took a bus around town,then met up with a ferry which took us out to the glass bottom boat.

Little Stirrup Cay was a nice surprise as the ship's crew took a buffet over to the island and there was no charge for anything. Food, tea and lemonade, water, chairs, restrooms, medical station. Really nice.

Nice cruise - would do it again! Didn't get to see much of Jacksonville but the airport was great with the exception of one nasty TSA person on the way home who was getting off on being bossy, oh well!

Pics are here for you to look at if you wish.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/dreamcruise1/slideshow/Fascination%20Cruise

Happy to try to answer any questions.

Mel ;)

Thanks for posting!

LSC - (I haven't tried to look at your pictures yet) Curious if the signs indicating it's Royal Caribbean's CocoCay are covered up.

I don't think they were covered. I have a pic of the little tender boat the what I think is the RC symbol on it. It was sitting right at the entrance to the beach where we arrived by our tender.

Carnival had it's own covered walkway to the beach (see that pic).

Archived