Need Help Deciding: Xel-ha Park All Inclusive or

Lady Darci

Hi all,

I will be traveling solo on the Allure of the Seas next month. Since I am on my own, I'm planning to stick to the ship's tours. I have all my excursions picked out except for Cozumel. Of the tours offered, these two stood out, but I can't decide between them. Can anyone who has been on one or both offer some insight as to which might be the better option?

Xel-Ha Park All Inclusive - CZC3

Overview: An exciting and refreshing adventure awaits you at the sacred Mayan paradise, Xel-Ha. Enjoy independent time to swim, snorkel or relax at this beautiful lagoon. - Highlights: Tender ride to and from the mainland. Experience snorkeling in a tropical aquarium with a variety of fish and tropical marine life. Swim, snorkel or relax. Tour includes all food and beverages plus the use of snorkel equipment.

Passion Island Escape by Boat - CZ20

Overview: Head to a private island for an unforgettable day of relaxation away from crowds. After riding over to the island on a motorized catamaran, freshen up with a drink, while relaxing on a hammock or under a palapa. Enjoy a complimentary Mexican lunch buffet. Take a swim, paddle a boat, or jump on our water trampoline. Walk along the shoreline, go shopping, or get a massage (at an additional cost).

Take the Passion Island as it is located in Cozumel. Xel-Ha is over on the mainland and you will lose much of your vacation time on ferry and bus rides, which limits your Park time.

Thanks for your thoughts. I was aware of the distance, but not sure whether the park was worth the extra effort to get there. The two resorts seem to offer similar amenities, but Xel-Ha seemed to have some interesting natural features. The caves and river float looked like fun. Xel-Ha looks to be an all-day excursion, while Passion Island might leave time for some shopping afterward.

I'd like to do a little snorkeling, get a massage, and buy a couple of souveniers. Being very fair-skinned, I am not a beach lounger kind of person and since I will be alone, I'll be keeping the drinking to a minimum. These two options both seem to provide that opportunity, so I am looking to see if anyone has had personal experience that might shift the balance to one option over the other.

Cathy

Archived