Carnival Liberty Eastern Review with photos

What did you pay for the cabana? Did you ask for any money back or anything?

what a bummer! I would have pitched me a hissy fit. I love having my beach lounger!!

We paid $129.99 for the four of us through the excursion list on Carnival's website. I never did make it to the shore excursions desk to tell them what happened. I did write on John Heald's Facebook page today. No big deal if I don't get my money back, but at least now I've told someone of the problem.

Yeah, DH and I went swimming and came back and had to sit on the step of our porch. Not exactly the most comfortable! :mad:

I just got a Facebook message from John Heald:

I can understand just why you were upset and I am very sorry this happened. I have sent a note to the shore excursion department so they know and I have also copied the shore side management as well. Thanks then for telling me and I do hope you had fun and that we will see you again soon. cheers

Fun Facts (these are from memory, so they might be slightly off!)

they profile us at lunch on the Lido buffet on the first day to see what we eat so they can get an idea of what we like! they also have numbers based on other cruises

I am really enjoying your review. We just got off the Liberty but had different ports. It was such a great ship. We didn't take as many pictures of the ship as you did so it's nice to see them. Keep it coming.

I'm curious about the above statement about profiling people's first food choices. We tried the fish and chips ceviche the first day for something different but then never went back. I guess we threw them off!

and great commentary!! What was that spaghetti dish? Looks like it may have had bacon in it? Looked good...and the pasta dish with mushrooms and chicken?

That was spaghetti carbonara. The chicken with pasta was simply chicken over fettucini. Both yummy! I am a chicken and pasta type of girl. :)

Fun Facts (these are from memory, so they might be slightly off!)

they profile us at lunch on the Lido buffet on the first day to see what we eat so they can get an idea of what we like! they also have numbers based on other cruises

I am really enjoying your review. We just got off the Liberty but had different ports. It was such a great ship. We didn't take as many pictures of the ship as you did so it's nice to see them. Keep it coming.

I'm curious about the above statement about profiling people's first food choices. We tried the fish and chips ceviche the first day for something different but then never went back. I guess we threw them off!

I think they mostly get the numbers from previous cruises. But, yeah, you probably DID throw them off! LOL! ;)

They also gave us a little pamphlet with some interesting facts and a recipe for warm chocolate melting cake on the back!

Here are the photos that were delivered to my room that night (they are included in the price of the tour):

557973_10151601048384721_823586835_n.jpg

547467_10151601048584721_2126621520_n.jpg

Me and the captain!

540602_10151601052354721_812361502_n.jpg

Great review! Love the pics.

You're probably going to think this is a strange question but, when you were up on the bridge was there a drawing of the Liberty hanging anywhere?

When I was on the Liberty back in Oct 2012 I presented Captain Barrile a drawing of the Liberty for a young man from England named Harry Cotterill. Harry has drawn the Dream and Freedom and I will be delivering one of the Victory in few weeks for him. His drawings are amazing.

Edited by DOTTE

Great review! Love the pics.

You're probably going to think this is a strange question but, when you were up on the bridge was there a drawing of the Liberty hanging anywhere?

When I was on the Liberty back in Oct 2012 I presented Captain Barrile a drawing of the Liberty for a young man from England named Harry Cotterill. Harry has drawn the Dream and Freedom and I will be delivering one of the Victory in few weeks for him. His drawings are amazing.

I didn't happen to notice, sorry! I was too busy taking in all the buttons, knobs and switches. Not to mention the amazing view! :)

First off, I think it's awesome your husband had a Red Sox shirt on almost every day!

Enjoyed the review. I went on my first cruise on the Glory in Jan and had three of the four ports you did (no HMC for us, we had Nassau). I enjoyed the Bushwackers in St. Thomas and the stray kitties made me miss mine. Can't wait for my Sunshine cruise next Feb!

First off, I think it's awesome your husband had a Red Sox shirt on almost every day!

Enjoyed the review. I went on my first cruise on the Glory in Jan and had three of the four ports you did (no HMC for us, we had Nassau). I enjoyed the Bushwackers in St. Thomas and the stray kitties made me miss mine. Can't wait for my Sunshine cruise next Feb!

We are thinking about going on Sunshine in Feb also, which date are you looking at?