Once in a life time-Who's the best poll

afdds

Hi,

Everyone says that the Stingray City is a once in a life time experience. If that's so, I want to get it right! icon_wink.gif I don't want large crowds on the boat. I've heard that the catamarans can't get that close into shore. Please take my poll. Who's the best and why?

Thanks for taking the time to help us out!

Take care,

http://community.webshots.com/user/afdds

5/23 Victory cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Legend, Panama, 2003

Norwegian Star, Hawaii,2001

Aida, Sicily 1999

Fasination San Juan-1995

We just came back from a private tour of stingray city. We booked with Captain Marvin's who I heard about through this site. The trip was fantastic. We were a group of 9 with 5 kids, ages 3-11. Only about 15 people on the boat. Stopped to snorkel twice at the reefs and then went to stingray city. What a great time and the two guides were great. Kids had a little apprehension at first, as did I, but stingrays are harmless and very gentle. Would definately recommend Captain Marvins' and booking separate from the cruise excursions. Much cheaper and less congested. For those worried about not swimming, they had inflatable life vests on board to use also. On the way back, Captain Marvin's dropped us off at seven mile beach where we had lunch and hung out and then grabbed a cab back to the ship for $4 a person. All had a wonderful time and we are so glad that we did the sting ray encounter.

Archived