Short Cruise...Short(ish) Review! Imagination 4 Day Review & Pics

AutumnBM

Where are you guys from in Illinois??? We live out by Rockford (about 15 miles from Rockford).

We just booked this same 4-day cruise on the Imagination for December as part of a back-to-back with the Sunshine

Well I'm actually cheating a bit when I say we're in Chicago (it's just easier! Everyone knows Chicago!). We're actually in NWI about a 20 minute drive to the city. We're right on the Illinois line though! So technically we're still part of the Chicagoland area :)

Friends of mine were on this very cruise. Waiting on them to return. It was their first carnival cruise after sailing Royal for many years. I tried to tell them everything they needed to know hope my advice paid off. Lol

Hope they had a great time! We did :D

Our last sea day we didn't do much at all...

We were both burnt from Cozumel and we basically lounged around like cats. We would walk the decks or through the ship, find a place, and plop down for ,like, an hour or so til we'd get up and do it again!

DSC02766_zps51f501fd.jpg

^^One of our lounge spots. Thanks to the drunk lady who took this. I didn't ask her!

DSC02770_zps1431b370.jpg

^^"Good God Jordan! I look like I've had a chemical peel!!!"

DSC02780_zpse33ff9a4.jpg

^^Another lounging spot

DSC02781_zps968b6a96.jpg

^^More lounging.

Well I thought of posting more of the ship but I think I'll call it quits here. FB page is always open to those who want to see more pics though.

It was a really good vacation though! We needed it :)

Friday morning was really simple. I love getting on/off the ship with no problems! Miami was definitely the easiest and most simple port for em/debarkation so far!

The flight was a bit uncomfortable (huge plane but I was stuck in the middle aisle IN the middle so I didn't have a lot of breathing room) and the ride home was horrendous. We parked our car at Jordan's work in the city & have a work friend drive us to the airport...on the way to his work to pick the car up we were in traffic for 2 1/2 hours. It took another hour & a half to get home because the Dan Ryan was closed because of the flooding (the Dan Ryan was closed LAST YEAR on the way to the airport for us because of a shooting...ugh!!) and by the time we went to pick up our dog from the dog sitter it was about another hour to get home. Ridiculous.

Ah well! Such is life. I can't wait til September!!

Autumn-

Thanks for a great review; at least I've got some concept of what the Imagination is like for our January sailing. Your photos make it look as though you and Jordan had an outstanding time. BTW...the weather in Chicago (at least on the SE side of town) is great today, so maybe we're finally heading in the direction of summer!

Pleeeeze...NO MORE RAIN!!! :eek:

Did you get a picture of Cesario? He could be the waiter we had years ago - and just loved him!

Thanks for the review. We are in processing of booking for the fall (just got off Ruby Princess a week ago and already jonesing for next cruise!!), your review helped decide on Imagination.

Ahh! Actually I DIDN'T get a picture with Cesario even though we wanted one! He said he had been on the Imagination for 3 different times (however their shifts work) so it very well could have been him!

So glad I could be of assistance in picking your cruise ;)

Autumn-

Thanks for a great review; at least I've got some concept of what the Imagination is like for our January sailing. Your photos make it look as though you and Jordan had an outstanding time. BTW...the weather in Chicago (at least on the SE side of town) is great today, so maybe we're finally heading in the direction of summer!

Pleeeeze...NO MORE RAIN!!! :eek:

Great here today too! I even got my car cleaned & washed today cause we're not supposed to get rain for a while. I probably just jinxed us...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Stumbled across your review today! Loved it!! We are thinking of the Ecstasy in Oct. and your review was exactly what I needed! KW looks awesome and you hit the three places we want to go to also. Thanks for the great review! :)

Great review. We did the same itinerary 2 years ago on the Imagination, loved it so much that we are doing it again on the Ecstasy in 10 weeks.

Where did your husband get the good deal on the Oakley's?

Edited by smac67