Posting to the Board from in-cabin QM2

Zipper25

This is probaby an easy one for Guernseyguy! It ocurred to me that I had read somewhere that it was possible to post to the board from in-cabin via the email facility. How does that work when the board is web-based? Can one browse the web from in-cabin, too?

This is probaby an easy one for Guernseyguy! It ocurred to me that I had read somewhere that it was possible to post to the board from in-cabin via the email facility. How does that work when the board is web-based? Can one browse the web from in-cabin, too?

Zipper25,

What I did was do an email to my web based email in cabin (while other half dozed...) using the cabin email system ($1.50 for as much as you like). I then used the web access in the Library to cut n'paste the email onto cruise critic. AFAIK you can't get direct web access from the cabin.

Peter

Hello, IslandSailing

I have nothing specific about the ports of call other than those listed in the intinerary. I know nothing about Vigo other than it is the port nearest to Santiago de Campostela. (www.santiagoturismo.com). Barcelona is on the coast so the shop docks "in town". Cannes is on the coast, too. Livorno is the nearest port to Florence and Pisa, both are easy to reach, apparently, by train. Civitavecchia is the nearest port to Rome and again easy to get to Rome from. (www.trenitalia.it). I know nothing about Gibraltar save that there are many apes there and the Brits are reluctant to give it away to Spain. I know nothing about Lisbon, either at least nothing other than generally known information.

I don't have any paperwork from Cunard, yet. (Not sure what to expect, really.)

I spend many hours on the net (think I might be obsessed. Is there a cure?? :) ) researching everything that I need to know for my holidays. I even know the times of trains from London Waterloo to Basingstoke! Don't ask - you really don't want to know.

I find that the best way to find out about where I am going to to "google" the place and follow the links. Who knows what you might find ....

Even though I am in Perth, Australia we were in Barcelona, Rome and Florence last year so we'll probably not take advantage of the excursions for these ports. We kow exactly what we want to see on this trip - the things we missed last time and the time before that.

I am just so looking forward to taking my first sea cruise and being on the

QM2.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

Martin

Archived