Carnival Glory: Ship Time

jgoeders

I am on the Carnival Glory, departing Apr 28.

We are scheduled to arrive in Grand Cayman at 10am (ship time), which should be 9m Cayman time. The Cayman's are on EST, and the Glory is based out of Miami, which is EDT.

We had an excursion that was supposed to start at 10am (Cayman time), but the tour operator contacted us this week to say that the Glory has been arriving at 10am, and that the ship time has been the same time as Cayman time.

Can someone explain this? Is it possible that the Glory is sailing on EST and not EDT?

I am on the Carnival Glory, departing Apr 28.

We are scheduled to arrive in Grand Cayman at 10am (ship time), which should be 9m Cayman time. The Cayman's are on EST, and the Glory is based out of Miami, which is EDT.

We had an excursion that was supposed to start at 10am (Cayman time), but the tour operator contacted us this week to say that the Glory has been arriving at 10am, and that the ship time has been the same time as Cayman time.

Can someone explain this? Is it possible that the Glory is sailing on EST and not EDT?

Same exact thing happened to me! Was it Moby Dick?

I think the glory will change time-- I just dont know when they do it.

Roatan is 2 hours behind Miami time as is beleize-- the time difference is too large.

They may change 1 hour back

I suggest going to the port of calls boards and asking people returning from doing the same itinerary

I do see sailings going to Grand Cayman starting at 10am Which is 9am the island time.

If Glory is arriving at 10am you still have an hour to make a 10am island time tour. (there is no way they would book you on an excursion for the same time the ship is landed.

If Glory is arriving at 10am you still have an hour to make a 10am island time tour. (there is no way they would book you on an excursion for the same time the ship is landed.

Yes, but the local operator has informed us that the glory has been arriving at 10am local time. So they moved the excursion to 11am.

Called Carnival - they told me the ship should stay on EDT the whole time. So either the ship is late every week, or someone has their facts wrong.

I have actually read a couple reports of Carnival ships changing ship time to match the port time before arrival. Usually, they don't, but there have been these reports. We sailed the Dream a few years ago, on the Western route, and we didn't change times, even though that made both Belize and Roatan 2 hours earlier than ship time. We still didn't change a thing. I think Carnival is changing times on some ships, just to throw off those of us who are trying to arrange our own non-Carnival excursions. Like serene said, go to the port of call boards to ask. Or even better, go to the roll calls for the Glory and ask recent cruisers of your itinerary if they changed ship time.

I was on the Glory March 31. We did the Western itinerary. We were instructed to turn our clocks back one hour when we went to bed the first night of cruise. We stayed on this time for the whole cruise. The final night of the cruise we were instructed to set our clocks one hour ahead which returned us to Miami time before debarkation.

We Just got off the Glory yesterday, and here is what we did:

Sunday Night - (Embark day) - we were told to set clocks one hour back before going to bed.

Friday night (Grand Cayman day) we were told to set clocks ahead one hour before going to bed.

arrival times - per funtimes:

Tuesday - Cozumel 8am, set sail 5pm

Wednesday - Belize 8am, last Tender 4:15

Thursday - Roatan - 7am, set sail 3pm

Friday - Grand Cayman -10am, last tender 5:15

Hope this helps! It was a GREAT CRUISE... Fantastic Weather, and the Ship as well as the staff were AMAZING...

Working on writing a review shortly - need to get rid of these sea legs first :)

I hate this whole time change thing. so for Belize is that really 7am there time?

We Just got off the Glory yesterday, and here is what we did:

Sunday Night - (Embark day) - we were told to set clocks one hour back before going to bed.

Friday night (Grand Cayman day) we were told to set clocks ahead one hour before going to bed.

arrival times - per funtimes:

Tuesday - Cozumel 8am, set sail 5pm

Wednesday - Belize 8am, last Tender 4:15

Thursday - Roatan - 7am, set sail 3pm

Friday - Grand Cayman -10am, last tender 5:15

Hope this helps! It was a GREAT CRUISE... Fantastic Weather, and the Ship as well as the staff were AMAZING...

Working on writing a review shortly - need to get rid of these sea legs first :)

I wonder how this affects Mexico. I have an excursion at 9am local time and now I'm super confused! What will that be ship time?

island time is behind you. Do not use local time-- always stay on ship time. do not use a cell phone for time and do not ask anyone what time it is. There may be 5 ships in port and everyone will have a different time.

If the ship changes to one hour back you will be on the same time

Just got off the glory on the apr 14 western. We rolled back an hour our second night on the ship. This made ship time and local time the same for grand cayman and cozumel. However we were an hour ahead in roatan and belize. Everything stayed on ship time as far as arrivals and departures. We jumped forward an hour on the second to last night after visting all ports.

Enjoy your cruise. We had a great time.

Dan

Archived