Recommended Hotel and Tour Company in Rio

glorygaf

We will be disembarking Rio in November this year and recall a recent thread where some recommended Hotels and a reliable Tour Company were mentioned.

We've been to Rio in the last two years and have done Sugarloaf and Christ Redeemer and would like to see other areas safely and would like to stay at a nice Hotel without paying the earth in a safe area as well.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

We are embarking Quest with friends in Rio in November. Two couples. We had difficulty finding a really nice, affordable hotel in a safe area and, although I found both Sofitel and Mar Ipanema to be satisfactory in terms of price and location, we were underwhelmed and decided to try an apartment. We are renting a huge 3 BR, 3 en-suite BA apartment with enormous living room, kitchen, and wrap-around deck with water view. It's way too much space for 4 people but it is so much more luxurious than any hotel for the price. We are paying 1,400 USD....that's $700 per couple for 3 nights. We are right next door to the Copacabana Palace....a very safe and well-lit neighborhood. I must warn you that virtually nobody will rent for less than 4 nights this far from November; they are hoping for at least week-long rentals at this point. So if you decide to go this route and are only staying in Rio a few nights, you will have to be both patient and lucky. We rented from the owner through a well-known US-based on-line rental site. There are a couple of very good luxury real-estate rental agencies in Rio who were very nice and told us that we could have virtually any apartment we wanted if we were willing to wait until September. We were not. I don't think i am allowed to give you the names of the sites or the agencies here, but if you google apartment rentals and luxury apartments in Rio, you will figure it out, I'm sure. I did. Hope this helps.

That was in reply to OP. I named 2 hotels in Rio I found that answered request and also offered an option. I don't see the problem. Next time I will leave title blank.

In the meantime, I found the tour company that was recommended by the New York Times. It is RioHiking.

Archived