Sailing conditions off the east coast from NYC in May?

pseudochicken

I will be cruising on the Carnival Splendor this May down to the Bahamas. I had a question for others who have cruised out of New York, particularly in late spring early summer, what the conditions are typically for the sea days? Obviously the weather changes, but is the wind typically out of the south or north? Should I be expecting the upper decks to be very windy?

In any case, I am extremely excited for this cruise. I have not anticipated a vacation this much in a long time! Probably because I haven't had a proper vacation in a long time.

This will be our third trip out of NYC, all in May and we had smooth sailing every trip. I don't know if we were just lucky or what but I stick with May just because of the glassy seas!! We have one planned this May as well...Can't wait!! Keeping my fingers crossed for the same smoothe seas!!:D

I will be cruising on the Carnival Splendor this May down to the Bahamas. I had a question for others who have cruised out of New York, particularly in late spring early summer, what the conditions are typically for the sea days? Obviously the weather changes, but is the wind typically out of the south or north? Should I be expecting the upper decks to be very windy?

In any case, I am extremely excited for this cruise. I have not anticipated a vacation this much in a long time! Probably because I haven't had a proper vacation in a long time.

We've sailed out of NY 3 times in May, it was differnt each time for us. When we left from NY to Bermuda in 2010 there was a tropical low, seas were rough & very windy. Other 2 times going down to Caribbean some wind, seas weren't too bad. Once ur closer to caribbean seas r usually calmer. I'm going again in May on the Pride, can't wait. Have a great cruise!

Archived