Best tour company in Maui

parddr

HI, can anyone give me advice for a tour company in Maui. I recall Roberts Hawaii but I can't remember other one. We want to do Road to Hana and then something the 2nd day. We will be on POA. My computer died with all my notes and my tablet won't let me search. Thx so much.

HI, can anyone give me advice for a tour company in Maui. I recall Roberts Hawaii but I can't remember other one. We want to do Road to Hana and then something the 2nd day. We will be on POA. My computer died with all my notes and my tablet won't let me search. Thx so much.

We booked through discoverhawaiitours.com, but it is the same as Gray Line/Polynesian Adventure Tours. (And I almost think I saw one of the drivers wearing a Roberts shirt, but I could be wrong.)

We rented a car both days on Maui. We went where we wanted to go, stayed as long as we wanted to stay, and were not crammed in a bus with too many other people that we would have had to wait for at every stop, so we were able to visit more places than we would have on a tour.

We stopped at the Maui Winery--it is a long way down the road, but we were able to stop a couple of times and take photos along the scenic road.

We really enjoyed our Tastes of Maui tour with

http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/MauiIslandTasteTour.htm , it was a beautiful tour of Maui, 5 hours or so and we had picnic lunch and wine tasting.

Toured with only 4 other people besides the two of us. Driver was native born, in fact from one of the original sugar cane immigrant families on Maui...the guide of this awesome husband-wife team is upbeat, generous with her enthusiasm and serenaded us with some ukulele and songs on our way back.

You can even custom-design the second day Maui (Monday, shorter day) tour to your liking and it will be more relaxing than Hana for sure. We were so favorably impressed by the kindness and aloha spirit...next to our helicopter flightseeing over Kauai, it was by far the finest excursion into the heart of Maui.

Loved Paia, Kula region of Upcountry...nice and cool compared to coast...a few sights and bites:

HawaiiMauiFarmToursgorgeousbanksiaatAliiLavenderFarms_zps4d60b3ee.jpg

HawaiiMauiUlupalakuaturkerybaconcheeseavocadociabattasammyforlunch_zps5e446e1e.jpg

HawaiiMauiUpcountrySunshineCitrusProteaamazing_zps14088dae.jpg

FarmTourUpcountryMauiHWMarilynJanssenLopes_zps0c229d08.jpg

HawaiiMauiGoldpineapplenonesweeter_zps96de17c4.jpg

Kulaviewfromaliikulalavenderfarmisamazing4000ft_zps9688cd08.jpg

I highly recommend it - great tour guide - not a very large bus

http://www.tourmaui.com/

We did this tour as well and had a great guide named Yoli. Be warned, it is a LONG day. At the end of the day, DH had very mixed feelings; he was exhausted. Now just a few days later, he agrees that it was a great tour to learn about all aspects of the islands & Maui in particular. It was definitely our most "grueling" day so far and our days spent snorkeling are far more exciting, but we are glad we did this tour.

Archived