E-mail about Apr 28 Magic cruise

astroboy99

Just received this e-mail from Carnival:

April 25, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Magic. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 12:30 PM. However, this Sunday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, we ask that you please not arrive before 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

I have received these type of messages in the past and usually ignore them. Has anyone received one about a 'Coast Guard' Inspection? and if so, when did embarkation begin?

Just got this for Freedom , looks awfully the same

Header_CTA_CarnivalLogo_Blue.gifHeader_TopRight_Blue.gifIMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

APRIL 28, 2013April 25, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Freedom. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:30 PM. However, this Sunday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, your check-in is now scheduled from 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, we ask that you please not arrive before 2:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

vicky_rey_signature.jpg Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

waves_600px.gif06182009_Footer_CTA_BlueBottom.gif

Guarantee our messages always go straight to your inbox.

Add funships@carnivalfunmail.com to your Address Book or Safe List.

This email was sent to: slandon@carolina.rr.comView Privacy Policy.© 2013 Carnival Cruise Linesspacer.gif

Do not become overly concerned about this email. I've read various CC threads about this very subject and, apparently, Carnival has been sending these emails out in order for crowd control purposes and to stagger passenger arrival times.

Perform a search and you will discover "delayed embarkation email" threads for a host of different Carnival ships.

Here is one such thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1750558&highlight=delayed+embarkation+email

I'm sailing on this ship, purchased FTTF, received the email and I plan on arriving at the port at my originally planned time of 10:30-11 a.m. I'll take my chances and see what happens! I'll be on vacation and will just roll with the punches!!!! Just sayin"...

I'll be on that sailing and I got it, too. We also bought FTTF and we're going to the port early as usual. Worst case scenario, we sit and wait inside or outside. Better than sitting at a motel, and since we don't have a rental car, that would be our only other choice. From the minute we leave town, we're on VACATION so it's all good!!! :)

We have been delayed by one of these inspections before. They may do a small inspection before every cruise, but I can assure you there is a periodic, much more thorough inspection done. Of course it happened the day my brother was getting married on the Ecstasy, so getting ready for the wedding was TIGHT. But we all went to the restaurant next door while we waited for a couple of drinks.

Is this email one of those inspections? No idea. We were told ours was unannounced. You'll have to let us know, I guess. :)

And hurry back, please! I get on when you get off. :D

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived