Oasis ta westbound oct 2014

scotsman

We've never sailed on RCL before. What is the window when you can book entrainment, dining, excursions (not that there are a lot of ports), etc. Will miss the first leg of the cruise, we're boarding in Southampton.

Thanks,

Sam and Alan

Hey guys!

RCCL will generally tell you the rule of thumb for booking entertainment and dining is usually within 60 - 90 days of sailing. We are within that window, so it is likely within the next couple of weeks I would imagine.

If I'm not mistaken.....I believe you can book excursions through RCCL for Vigo on line now. There are a few folks that have coordinated a private tour in Spain that is being offered on the main thread. We booked it with them and are very much looking forward to it. The leads for that are BillandChristy and LauaraApp.

I know someone mentioned on the main thread that those sailing the Eastbound TA were recently allowed to book. I suspect it will open early part of August.

Safe travels to all ! :)

FYI ~ I read on the main thread that limited reservations are now available on line.

I was able to log in and book our MTD times. Entertainment is not available as of yet. I do believe you can book excursions in Vigo and spa/drink packages as well.

Time seems to be going so quickly this year! July is almost over and this cruise is coming up fast!

Safe travels to all! :)

• 2 weeks later...

66 days to go!

I would like to suggest a gathering for Thursday (Sea Day), October 16 (day after we depart Southampton). Perhaps we could meet at the Champagne Bar about 4:30 pm and say hello! :)

If you think this works....let me know....if you would care to change the date/time, I'm good with that too! Just thought it would be nice to try meeting a few people the early part of the cruise.

HadesNL......we are currently booked @ Hotel New York for the evening prior to embarkation. It's my understanding the the Nhow is a new hotel...is it better in your opinion?.....also......are both of these hotels walking distance to the ship or transport/taxi is necessary?

Any suggestions you have for things to do would be greatly appreciated. We are staying in Amsterdam for 2 evenings (October 11 & 12) and Rotterdam the evening of October 13. I would like to take a canal boat ride...any suggestions as to where/which company may provide the best experience. We arrive on Delta about 6am the morning of October 11, so we have two full days in Amsterdam.:)

Sorry sorry for the slow reply, back again after illness.

To answer your questions:

Hotel New York is a boutique hotel, comfortable smart industrial with a buzzing cafe/restaurant/outdoor terrace. Around it are other restaurants and you can walk a pedestrian bridge over to Katendrecht where there are more restaurants.

Katendrecht used to be the sailor's district with every form of entertainment but now it has already been gentrified and turned into hip food restaurants. You can walk from this hotel to the cruise terminal, it's 2 min. away on even ground around the corner.

Nhow is a new modern hotel in the iconic de Rotterdam building. It is located next to the cruise terminal so if you are lucky you can see the ship from your room. It had experienced some soft-opening problems but it has already established itself well on the hotel scene.

It is possible to take the tram (20/23/25) from Rotterdam Centraal train station to both hotels but if you are carrying luggage i would suggest a taxi. It shouldn't cost more then 10/15€

In Amsterdam there are several canal cruise companies operating from the Central Station area, all follow roughly the same route so you won't miss anything. As per cruisecritic guidelines i will post here the official amsterdam touristoffice page about canalcruises. It lists the several operators: http://www.iamsterdam.com/en-GB/experience/what-to-do/activities-and-excursions/canal-cruising

have a great time and enjoy!

HadesNL....thank you for your reply! I hope you are feeling much better!

We have all of our pre-travel plans set in place now. We planned a guided walking food tour through the markets in Amsterdam for Saturday morning. Saturday evening we have a guided tour booked for the Red Light District. I did book a 1 hour canal cruise for Sunday with an open departure time. The rest of the day we plan to enjoy the city and a nice dinner somewhere that evening.

We purchased our train tickets from Amsterdam to Rotterdam for Monday morning. We just plan to relax in the area of the hotel that afternoon and evening. Thank you for letting us know that the cruise terminal and restaurants in the area are easily accessible by foot!

Hi Jason & Richard!

When we board on the 14th I will post a note on the community board for a LGBT/Friends of Dorothy gathering for Thursday, October 16 @ 4:30 pm at the Champagne Bar.

Hopefully there will be a following and we will have a nice meet and greet.

In 8 years of sailing, we've never been to/participated in a successful FOD gathering so I'm THRILLED about this group. Let's shut that bar down! LOL

TAs normally attract a large FOD group but in my experience it is normaly 10:30 until late in the Champagne Bar, not sure 4:30 would work but worth a try, I know once the weather heats up I will still be poolside at 4:30.

Will let you know what Happens in two weeks time on the Eastbound.

Hi George

Kevin & Paul from Edinburgh here.

We're boarding on 15th at Southampton. Let us know how your Eastbound goes. Hope you enjoy it. I know a couple who are on that one too from Edinburgh. You'll maybe meet them.

We're staying in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights after the cruise then flying back Virgin.

Where are you from?

Looking forward to October!

K&P

Is anyone else staying in Rotterdam night before the cruise ?

Hi George!

Yes, we are staying in Rotterdam the evening of the 13th prior to embarkation. We will be traveling to Rotterdam from having stayed in Amsterdam for a couple of days. Our plan is to stay at Hotel New York.

Hi George!

Yes, we are staying in Rotterdam the evening of the 13th prior to embarkation. We will be traveling to Rotterdam from having stayed in Amsterdam for a couple of days. Our plan is to stay at Hotel New York.

Ditto for us. (I'm going to be cruisehabits' stalker, I mean, shadow. [emoji15] )

• 2 weeks later...
Only just over a month to our sailing. Really looking forward to it. Is anyone having problems with RCCL's cruise planner or is it just me?:confused:

Also just realized y'all are from Atlanta as well? Alpharetta here (but relocating closer to Tucker next month to be closer to work).

We're in Ansley/Midtown Atlanta.

Apparently, there is a problem with 'Planner' for those leaving Southampton. Been on the phone with them for over an hour. Can't book anything until or if they fix the problem.

Work in N. Druid Hills.

These "one-off" cruises certainly challenge the RCL techies...

Hello All,

Matt, Wil and Marty here. We will be staying in Amsterdam Oct 11, 12, and 13th. Traveling to Rotterdam early on 13th.

Already booked Stonehenge excursion ... had to call RCCL it was not available to book online.

We have also already booked some of the entertainment. We have never been on the Oasis before so looking forward to it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard.

Is the show really going to be CATS? If so very disappointed.

Matt

Edited by chimatt1

Greetings, everyone. Rob and Adam here, from Washington, DC. My partner and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on this cruise. It is our 3rd cruise together and our first TA. We are super excited about the trip, as we are right in the midst of the last weeks of wedding planning hell right now. ;-) Seriously, it will all be good and we are very grateful to have such a wonderful vacation awaiting us. It sounds like there is a good group assembling here. We were a little late to the game in getting this planned for the cruise, so we are doing what we can to research Southampton and Vigo now. We're boarding in Rotterdam, having just rushed off from friends and family at the wedding over the Columbus Day holiday weekend here in the States.

Looking forward to hearing more about everyone and their plans for this trip,

Rob and Adam