Refund to credit card instead of obc

tgmtgm

Does this happen often? Three weeks ago I put in for a $40 ES price drop on my cove balcony on the Breeze next month. The adjusted invoice showed the drop, but no obc. Two previous price drops were posted as obc's, and were both after final payment. Yesterday I checked my credit card account online, and there was the $40 credit from Carnival. Go figure.

Tony

Refunds will be given to the CC before the final payment date. Past the final payment date will result in OBC.

If final payment has not been made there's nothing to refund, they just reduce what you owe. But OP said it was after final payment. I've never had it happen so I don't know the frequency of it happening.

Hmmm, I wonder if that is what happened to me. I haven't called Carnival yet but I too am missing OBC. My situation is I booked as past guest and requested a price drop for an Oct cruise a few weeks ago. While I was at it, I also switched booking to ES seeing it was same price. I received a new booking emailing showing adjusted price, but as of today no OBC credited to my account.

I paid the initial deposit but my girlfriend who is going with me surprised me and paid off the balance about a month ago, well before final payment is due. I just assumed carnival dropped the ball and never posted the OBC to my account which could be fixed with a simple call. But after reading this, maybe she got a credit to her CC?

But the OP said they are cruising next month and definitely are after final payment. So in that case I have no idea why they issued a refund to you card instead of OBC, but at least you got it back. If OBC is important I guess you can always purchase cruise cash and apply the $40 to your account.

But the OP said they are cruising next month and definitely are after final payment. So in that case I have no idea why they issued a refund to you card instead of OBC, but at least you got it back. If OBC is important I guess you can always purchase cruise cash and apply the $40 to your account.

If your talking funship dollars they don't sell them any more, you can buy gift cards now tho

Archived