Upgrade After PIF?

aimish

I know similar questions have been asked but if I could get an answer to this specific question, that'd be great.

Are you allowed to upgrade after final payment is made by paying the difference between whatever you paid and the cost of what you want to upgrade to?

I also upgraded after final payment. Two weeks ago I upgraded to a mini-suite then last week upgraded again to a SJ Family Suite. Both times it took just a call to my TA who called NCL and made the change for me. On the Mini Suite I had to pay an additional amount but got the last upgrade for the same price.

Maybe. While some people report success at just paying the difference, there have been others that posted they had to pay more than the difference. After final payment NCL is not obligated to let you switch without a penalty. I think the key is how likely they think they are to sell the upgraded stateroom vs selling the stateroom you have. Most of the time you can probably negotiate something though.

It depends on which country's laws you booked under. The UK and Australian cruisers report they have to pay more than the US cruisers.

As for me -> US reservations, upgraded an S5 to an S4 after PIF. NCL noticed my mom qualified for a military discount during that call, so no extra charge (Note: that cruise was listed on the PDF of discounted cruises at that time).

Archived