Room Service

Spanky My

Can room service bring me a bloody mary every morning and just charge it to the cheers program I plan on getting? This will be my first cruise in June.

Not sure if room service will bring mixed drinks. Regardless, remember to keep some George's for the room service tip.

Oh absolutely! Hubby has a fat stack of $2 bills set aside just for tipping! Here's hoping to blood mary's on the balcony!:D

I haven't seen this subject lately on here but there have been many posting in the past where the crew doesn't like getting $2 bills because they have a hard time getting rid of them. Some foreign banks won't take them and a lot of the crew thinks they are fake. That also holds true to the gold dollar coins that were popular a few years back.

Can room service bring me a bloody mary every morning and just charge it to the cheers program I plan on getting? This will be my first cruise in June.

Not sure if room service will bring mixed drinks. Regardless, remember to keep some George's for the room service tip.

Yes, room service will provide regular bar service, but even if you have Cheers you have to pay full price for it. Cheers does not include room service drinks.

The reason I was asking is to purchase a bottle or two and use my onboard credit. That seems like a better way to go than 8-10 dollars a drink.

I've done that on a couple of my cruises, they limit how much they sell onboard, but you should be fine. I'd just do it ASAP

I haven't seen this subject lately on here but there have been many posting in the past where the crew doesn't like getting $2 bills because they have a hard time getting rid of them. Some foreign banks won't take them and a lot of the crew thinks they are fake. That also holds true to the gold dollar coins that were popular a few years back.

Oh no! Hubby is going to be so disappointed! If we need to, they can be exchanged at the money center on board right? I'll do some research before we leave. I'd hate for the crew to be disappointed with what they get, although money is money right? Thanks!

I'd hate for the crew to be disappointed with what they get, although money is money right? Thanks!

Not everywhere. Guest Services might cash it in, but some countries you visit probably won't. Take singles for the on board tips and spending in ports.

Oh no! Hubby is going to be so disappointed! If we need to, they can be exchanged at the money center on board right? I'll do some research before we leave. I'd hate for the crew to be disappointed with what they get, although money is money right? Thanks!

i am sure your local bank would be willing to change them to $1 bills.

i am sure your local bank would be willing to change them to $1 bills.

I'm sure they would too, they're the ones trading the $1 into $2! LOL. Poor guy, he really likes his $2 bills! I'm not looking forward to breaking the news to him tonight. :(

Archived