Carnival Sunshine port intensive 9 day Med cruise question?

Flo71

Ben a good few years since I cruised Carnival. DD12 loves the look of the new slides on Carnival Sunshine. There is only 1 sea day on the 9 day med cruise we are looking at, will the pool and slides be open on port days?

Thanks

Yes they will and camp carnival is open everyday bar the first day.

My daughters cant wait!!!

Have you seen the new waterworks video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IGJJ3IpGVyE

I have, it looks wonderful.

I am torn between a more sedate Celebrity cruise that I think hubby and I can really relax on or a real blast on the Sunshine that DD 12 will adore.:o

I have, it looks wonderful.

I am torn between a more sedate Celebrity cruise that I think hubby and I can really relax on or a real blast on the Sunshine that DD 12 will adore.:o

If your child is happy you will be happy. I think the Shnshine will be more geared up for your daughter. If you are going in August there will be loads of kids onboard, as that is when The European kids are out of school. We go back to school early September.

Once my son is on the ship, the only time we see him is at meal times, unless he wants to find us. He loves cruising and making new friends. So we get lots of relaxing time too, except when we head out of port and then all he dies is complain about how long are we going to be as he wants to get back on board.

If your child is happy you will be happy. I think the Shnshine will be more geared up for your daughter. If you are going in August there will be loads of kids onboard, as that is when The European kids are out of school. We go back to school early September.

Once my son is on the ship, the only time we see him is at meal times, unless he wants to find us. He loves cruising and making new friends. So we get lots of relaxing time too, except when we head out of port and then all he dies is complain about how long are we going to be as he wants to get back on board.

Lol, sounds like my daughter on the Ventura, she never wanted to visit anywhere off ship, loved the kids club and was horrified whenever I popped up in there to check she didn't want to come do something with us instead.:o

We even had dinner alone a few evenings as she preferred the buffet than the MDR.

We are UK residents so just need to arrange short flights.:)

You just described my son down to a tee too. :D . His first question every morning is "are we doing any 'tourism' today?"

After dinner he takes his sister off to her club, then goes to his so we can have coffee and cocktails in peace for a while.

You just described my son down to a tee too. :D . His first question every morning is "are we doing any 'tourism' today?"

After dinner he takes his sister off to her club, then goes to his so we can have coffee and cocktails in peace for a while.

That sounds like a little bit of heaven!!

My daughters had a bad experience with the kids camp last year and spent no more than 10 minutes there. Basically the camp instructors had no interest and little english and there were no kids in the camp that spoke english!!!

Thats why we decided to jump ship this year to carnival. I am really hoping to get an hour a day to ourselves this year!! Fingers crossed

I would imagine the majority of cruisers would be native English speakers, so the camp staff should speak mostly English too. There will be other European languages too for sure, but they won't be the majority. I would imagine if you are Italian or German you face the same situation in reverse with your children on a predominantly American/British/Irish cruise.

I would imagine the majority of cruisers would be native English speakers, so the camp staff should speak mostly English too. There will be other European languages too for sure, but they won't be the majority. I would imagine if you are Italian or German you face the same situation in reverse with your children on a predominantly American/British/Irish cruise.

Heres hoping it will be a majority of english speakers!!!! 1 hour a day is all I need. As our kids are only 4 & 6 it will be our only chance for some down time!!!!

Archived