irons/cocoa beach

bmb

Just wondering, I'm leaving this Sunday, on the Dawn....if you need an iron do the crew staff have them? Is it easy to request them? Also, I want to go to Cocoa Beach, besides the shuttle from the cruiseline, are cabs available at the port/pier when you dock? does anyone know how much it runs? Thanks for any answers.:)

Irons are available in the self-service laundry rooms, but they must be used there. Passengers are discouraged from using irons in their cabins since they pose a fire hazard.

Sorry, can't help you with Cocoa Beach. I'm sure someone else will.

I bought an iron with me to do touch up pressing. This way I did not have to leave the room and go to the laundromat every time I wanted to press something. I was careful and unplugged it as soon as I was finished. I have taken an iron with me on every cruise and never had a problem. We also had a power strip with us so we could easily plug in.

We went to Universal Studios so I can't help you with Cocoa Beach questions.

You might have been careful with your iron, but truly they should not be taken on a cruise. You are posing a fire hazard to everyone on the ship. I know, I will get flamed and people will argue that smokers cause the same hazard, but the ship has a place to iron----that's what should be used. A lot of ships don't have laundry /ironing areas and you are fortunate that the Dawn has that, please use their area, not your room. There are sooooooooo many threads about using iron and candles on the ships. Please read and take the info seriously. Using a power strip with the iron is even more dangerous. But, I am sure people will do what they have to, no matter how dangerous it is. Sorry for the rant, but I feel really strongly about this.

Katie

Archived