For al night dress .....

debs1505

Do men have to wear long trousers on formal nights or are smart 3/4 shorts and polo shirt ok? :)

long pants are required if eating the in the MDR's or the specialty restaurants unless you choose to eat at the buffet.:)

That being said some have reported that shorts weren't turned away all the time on elegant nights.

Bill

Do men have to wear long trousers on formal nights or are smart 3/4 shorts and polo shirt ok? :)

You are on vacation. Do as you please. As for my DH he always brings a very nice black suit with 2 different shirts for formal night. But that is his taste.

You will get varying answers but remember the decision is totally up to you.

Just my opinion here - but it's called ELEGANT night. I don't ever remember seeing people going to an ELEGANT event such as a wedding in shorts and a polo... I wear a nice dress and my fiancé wears a suit and tie. It's only for dinner and a few pictures. If anything, it's nice to dress up for a night (or 2).

It doesn't bother me when people aren't dressed appropriately for dinner on those nights, but I would personally like to look nice and not feel underdressed.

You are on vacation. Do as you please. As for my DH he always brings a very nice black suit with 2 different shirts for formal night. But that is his taste.

You will get varying answers but remember the decision is totally up to you.

Do as you please? Bad advise. Yes, you have paid for the cruise but policies are set so the majority of cruisers will have a pleasant experience.

We choose to dress for dinner every night of the cruise. Not just formal night. I also know what Carnivals SAYS and DOES are two very different things. Saw this in december on the Splendor. We can make suggestions to the OP but the final decision is totally up to them what they choose to wear. I am not going to sit here and say they MUST do something when Carnival does not enforce their policies.

Sorry OP

On cruise elegant nights I wear dress slacks, shirt and tie. All other nights I wear dress shorts and nice polos. I think people turned away depends on the hostess staff. I have seen jeans, tee shirts and baseball caps in the MDR (cruise casual) on one ship but have seen similar outfit turned away on other ships.

Do you think a nice pair of cargo slacks and a collared cruise shirt will get me in?

Don

Sent from my iPad

Yes - you shouldn't have any problem wearing that. I saw teenagers in shorts and men in jeans in the dining room on elegant night on our recent cruise.

Archived