Doin' the "Doc Dance"! Elation...here we come!

jordanaire

Yahoo....the docs have arrived, and now all that's left to do is start packing for our July 17th cruise aboard the "Elation". The docs always make the cruise seem that much closer to reality! What a pleasure it is to read through them, making sure everything is in order, and then filling out the luggage tags!

We would like to wish "Happy Sailing" to all those that will be departing today and tomorrow!

Only 4 more weeks!

:cool: Bill & Leila :rolleyes:

It is so exciting when you get those cruise documents! I hope you have a great cruise. We sailed on the Elation May 29th, so if you have any questions, let me know. I will tell you, the highlight of our cruise was the Altun HA and River Wallace excursion. We saw lots of wildlife on the river including manatees, howler monkeys, a crocodile, and a mother and baby dolphin. We normally do our own thing on shore, but in Belize you pretty much need to take an excursion, as there's not much to do at the docks. In Cozumel we took a taxi to Mr. Sancho's beach ( it's our favorite Cozumel beach), and had a great afternoon swimming and horseback riding. The Elation is in good condition, the food was good, the evening shows weren't quite as good as other Carnival ships we have been on, but maybe we caught them on a bad week. Overall it was a good cruise for the money. It is always great to be able to drive to the port. We also found a discount parking lot from another poster on this board and it was great. It was cheaper, the car was safe and they shuttle you over so you don't get caught up in the port traffic. If you want info. on this let me know. It was $45.00 for the week instead of $70.00. Happy sailing!

TexasAlexus

Did you use EZ Cruise? We were thinking of using them this time. Was it difficult to get a shuttle back to your car after the cruise. The cruise terminal is very crowded and busy during dembarkation. We have used the port parking before and my husband would go get the car and I just waited but this time we are taking our two boys and would really like to stay together. Don't really want to keep up with a 2 and 6 year old plus luggage while I wait for 45 minutes for my husband to make his way through the traffic. Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!:)

Okiemom, yes it was EZ cruise parking. I definately think it was much easier to park here. The staff are really friendly and helpful. When you pull up to the lot, they direct you to a parking spot, they load up all your luggage onto the shuttle, and they drop you off right in front of the entrance. Easy! After the cruise there is a spot designated for the shuttle to pick you up and they have an employee there who radios the shuttle driver to come pick you up. We waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle. Be sure to make advance reservations, because the lot had a full sign when we arrived. It is fenced in parking and seemed to be well attended to. We also had children with us and it was no problem. We all rode over on the shuttle. It's only about 3 blocks away from the pier. After your cruise they will give you a coupon for $5.00 off your next time parking there. Have a great cruise.

We have reservations at the La Qunta Inn which provided free parking for the week. Have yu heard if this is safe and a good idea? Can you get to the port when you want on EZ cruise? WE are not anal...we just want to enjoy the cruise as long as we can! :)

Archived