AMA Enchanting Rhine questions

sandyoftheseas

Myself my sister and mother will be going on this cruise in 2014 on the AMAprima ship. I have a few questions that I have not been able to find the answers for:

1. Do they serve merlot wine and is there an extra fee?

2. How much do they charge for massages and facials?

3. Can the beds be seperated into two twins?

4. How long are the walking tours and can you not complete a

tour and return to the ship early?

I know the ship is not cruising yet but any help is answering these questions would be appreciated.

I can answer the last two questions: Yes, the bed can be separated into twins (but cruise-size twins, so a little narrower than a twin bed you might have at home). And the walking tours can range from an hour to much longer (although longer tours are not all walking - they include some type of transportation and non-walking aspects). You can break away at any time - just let your tour guide know. If the ship is docked close to town, you can walk back at any time. If there's transportation to the ship, then you have to meet back up at a specified time to catch the bus/van (or take a taxi on your own).

1) The reds were good, although the whites were more prominently featured. I recall 2 of the 7 nights explicitly had a merlot (or equivalent) wine. Another German beaujolais equivalent, a cab and something else. They also had merlot by the bottle and glass (Don't recall specifics but bar charges were very reasonable)

2) Dunno - but probably fair without a sell job for some product

3) Yes

4) Average 90-120 min. Usually very easy to leave (if you work with the guide) and meet the ship or shuttle bus later.

Archived