MA & MB Minisuites do not have bathtubs!

mamagina

We are sailing on May 12th.

I just got an interesting email--not that I care one way or the other--I just wonder what hit them to decide to tell us about this now???? I wonder if I can call and ask for two free spa passes! LOL

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your cruise vacation on board Norwegian Breakaway, the newest, largest and most exciting cruise ship to ever homeport in New York City. We are confident that you will enjoy all of the incredible activities and amenities that our spectacular ship has to offer.

We also wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for a discrepancy on our website that listed a bathtub as one of the attributes in categoies MA and MB Mini-Suite staterooms. Instead, these categories feature spa-like showers with a waterfall shower head and multiple body spray jets. In addition, the showers feature a separate handheld shower head. Appropriate measures were taken and our website has since been updated to reflect the correct specifications.

We hope that this error does not cause you any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line®

Freestyle Cruising®

ncl.com

Please do not reply to this email

We are sailing on May 12th.

I just got an interesting email--not that I care one way or the other--I just wonder what hit them to decide to tell us about this now???? I wonder if I can call and ask for two free spa passes! LOL

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your cruise vacation on board Norwegian Breakaway, the newest, largest and most exciting cruise ship to ever homeport in New York City. We are confident that you will enjoy all of the incredible activities and amenities that our spectacular ship has to offer.

We also wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for a discrepancy on our website that listed a bathtub as one of the attributes in categoies MA and MB Mini-Suite staterooms. Instead, these categories feature spa-like showers with a waterfall shower head and multiple body spray jets. In addition, the showers feature a separate handheld shower head. Appropriate measures were taken and our website has since been updated to reflect the correct specifications.

We hope that this error does not cause you any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line®

Freestyle Cruising®

ncl.com

Please do not reply to this email

That's fine. I wouldn't have fit in them anyway. The pics make them look tiny. I love multi-jets in the shower though. If I could just walk in Jetsons style, lift my arms, get sprayed, and ten have a blow dryer dry me up as a conveyor belt delivers me my closet. I would b a happy man.

I'm actually very disappointed. I will have a 1 year old with us and she's very slippery when wet, I really wanted that tub. Yes I know everyone talks about bringing along that blow up duck but that bathtub was one of the reasons I chose the mini-suite. :(

Then I would call ASAP. Don't wait on this one you are only 2 days past final. They should have sent this out b4. I would call and calmly explain their concerns. It may be a 'yes' or a 'no'. But you never know.;)

Then I would call ASAP. Don't wait on this one you are only 2 days past final. They should have sent this out b4. I would call and calmly explain their concerns. It may be a 'yes' or a 'no'. But you never know.;)

We called our CC yesterday and have not heard back from him. I thought it was convenient of them to send the email the day after final payment was due. We have 2 rooms booked and almost $10,000 is a lot to not have a bathtub.

Thanks KrystalWaters

I always thought that all mini-suites have bathtubs. I just realized a couple of days ago after seeing some pictures of mini-suites that the bathroom did not have a bathtub. I'm not sure what exactly is listed on NCL website now but I have a large brochure specifically for Breakaway and realized the bathtubs are only advertised on the "Family" mini-suites which are categories M2, M3 and M4.

I guess mini-suite is just a term for a larger balcony room, not a larger balcony mind you, but we get an extra 10 sq ft of space inside the room. It really has no perks at all except for a larger price and I seriously doubt whether they should use the term "suite" so freely.

I'm sure I'll get over my mad in a few weeks so bare with me. :(

I guess mini-suite is just a term for a larger balcony room, not a larger balcony mind you, but we get an extra 10 sq ft of space inside the room. It really has no perks at all except for a larger price and I seriously doubt whether they should use the term "suite" so freely.

I'm sure I'll get over my mad in a few weeks so bare with me. :(

I really feel for you....I know how difficult it can be with a 1 year old in a shower. I would politely explain your situation to NCL and ask to be moved to the Family mini-suites that have a bathtub. Good luck!:)

That's fine. I wouldn't have fit in them anyway. The pics make them look tiny.

Our minisuite on the Epic had the biggest shower we've had to date including full suites. Hope Breakaways are similiar.

I really feel for you....I know how difficult it can be with a 1 year old in a shower. I would politely explain your situation to NCL and ask to be moved to the Family mini-suites that have a bathtub. Good luck!:)

We got a call back last night and were put on hold for 35 minutes while our CC went to speak with a supervisor. We hung up and called back to tell him to call us back as soon as he heard something so we didn't stay on hold any more.

We are still patiently waiting.

I would consider changing staterooms but I doubt what is left at this late date is in the area we wanted, it would probably be is a noisy smelly section (yes I'm exaggerating.... I'm allowed, they took my bathtub! :rolleyes:). Plus the 2nd room we booked was right next to ours. It would mean changing floors and probably losing the convenience of having all of our family right next door.

We selected these rooms in October of 2012.... very very early. To now get moved to a room we could have picked out 2 1/2 months before the trip is crappy. Next time I will just pluck down the extra money and get a 2 bedroom family suite in the Haven ... which of course are all taken by now.

Well, we got a call back and they offered us a mini-suite with a bathtub but on another floor and our 2nd room would not be nearby... as I expected.

We turned them down and that was it... no offers or perks to make up for our inconvenience... I'm gonna stay mad a them for a while at least until I pick out a cute inflatable tub for our little baby girl.

I guess this is the price you pay during an inaugural season when the rooms are not built yet when you pick them out and errors are made. I would have at least thought they would try to make up for it.

:mad:

Livemad-

I am sorry about your room! But i have a positive spin for you...

Actually the opposite happened with us-thought there would be no tub but now there is. We are also traveling with a toddler and I hesitated in booking the room because of the lack of tub but went ahead anyway because on our last cruise, we gave our baby a bath almost every day on the balcony in the blow up duck tub. She loved it! And then we just rinsed her off in the shower. I don't think she actually ever had a bath in the tub itself.

The balcony will be a little tight but it will fit out there and she will have the time of her life! Trust me! There is nothing like being on a cruise ship and watching your baby splash around while you sail away. You will have the best time bathing your baby out there too :)

So this will really work out for you in the end i bet! If you had a real tub you might have missed out on an experience you could only get at sea!

Have a wonderful cruise! We are on the same sailing as you...our trusty duck tub has just bit the bullet but we are going to get another one for the cruise because her baths on the balcony will be way more fun than a bath in the tub...even if now she is a little big for it .

I think you were smart to keep the cabins you had!

Coffeecat

Livemad-

I am sorry about your room! But i have a positive spin for you...

Actually the opposite happened with us-thought there would be no tub but now there is. We are also traveling with a toddler and I hesitated in booking the room because of the lack of tub but went ahead anyway because on our last cruise, we gave our baby a bath almost every day on the balcony in the blow up duck tub. She loved it! And then we just rinsed her off in the shower. I don't think she actually ever had a bath in the tub itself.

The balcony will be a little tight but it will fit out there and she will have the time of her life! Trust me! There is nothing like being on a cruise ship and watching your baby splash around while you sail away. You will have the best time bathing your baby out there too :)

So this will really work out for you in the end i bet! If you had a real tub you might have missed out on an experience you could only get at sea!

Have a wonderful cruise! We are on the same sailing as you...our trusty duck tub has just bit the bullet but we are going to get another one for the cruise because her baths on the balcony will be way more fun than a bath in the tub...even if now she is a little big for it .

I think you were smart to keep the cabins you had!

Coffeecat

Thank you Coffeecat! That does make me feel a lot better. I try be positive and won't let this taint our trip, it's been too long in the planning. After all, this period is the good part, when you start buying things for your trip! :D

Archived