charging privileges for 12 year old

LSU crusier

Is it possible to set a limit on a s&s card. My 12 year old will be participating in club o2 and i would like for her to be able to buy a coke or small item if needed while away form us. Just dont want her to have unlimited access. It would be great if we could set a limit like $25 or $50 a day.

Is it possible to set a limit on a s&s card. My 12 year old will be participating in club o2 and i would like for her to be able to buy a coke or small item if needed while away form us. Just dont want her to have unlimited access. It would be great if we could set a limit like $25 or $50 a day.

Absolutely. Just set it up at Guest Services. When my older daughter was a teen, I put a $50 limit on her card (not per day, but for the week). She never came close to spending that much and was able to get a soda or smoothie when she felt like it.

Absolutely. Just set it up at Guest Services. When my older daughter was a teen, I put a $50 limit on her card (not per day, but for the week). She never came close to spending that much and was able to get a soda or smoothie when she felt like it.

thanks, thats kinda what i figured. Was just hoping there was a way to do it online but thats better than nothing.

Fantastic! I didn't realize I could do this! My 16 year old daughter will be with us and I didn't want her to have to physically be with us if she wanted to make a purchase and we were separated.

Thanks for the info!

We set limits for our boys on the kiosks. I don't think you can set it as a certain amount per day, but you can set a starting limit and then raise it as needed if you are worried they might spend it all at once. The only thing our boys spent theirs on was the arcade, which add up fast.

We have yet to put a limit on our grandsons spending. He does get the bottomless bubbles sticker so he can get soda or juice whenever he wants. We also purchase a bunch of tokens for the arcade early in the cruise. You receive bonus tokens if you purchase many at one time. Not much left for him to spend any money on. He has been a lot of cruises so he knows what he should and should not do.

Although you did put a set amount on a card--- they could overspend. You are still responsible for the amount over spent since they are minors

--

Make sure your kids know that this is for their use only and they are not to be purchasing their new friends sodas or tokens in the arcade.

With the new Gift Cards this year, I purchased each of the kids their own gift card for the trip with a certain amount on it and when it is gone....it is gone;)

Don't the gift cards have to be applied to the S&S account also, the same as Cruise Cash?

I thought the only difference was you can get any remaining amount back from your gift card.

Don't the gift cards have to be applied to the S&S account also, the same as Cruise Cash?

I thought the only difference was you can get any remaining amount back from your gift card.

Yes, the gift cards need to be applied to each kids account. (although only 25 each on that account-- they can still go over.

So just watch the spending on the tv to keep account

We did exactly as DKF97 did - I initially set up a $20 limit on each son's card with Guest Services, but then did all further adjustments using the S&S Kiosks. It was extremely simple to watch their spending in that way and only add as needed (up to our pre-determined limit). By doing it incrementally, it kept them from blowing their entire budget right at the start of the cruise. The arcade games were I believe $1.25 each which did add up very quickly.

Just tell them to not spend more than $25. If you've already established respect from her then it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Please. It's hard enough for an adult to keep track and keep ON track when on a cruise. We're talking about making it easier for everyone, not harder.

Please. It's hard enough for an adult to keep track and keep ON track when on a cruise. We're talking about making it easier for everyone, not harder.

The glory has the interactive television that will show spending habits of each person.

Just remember that when you use your sign and sail card it is NOT automatically charged to the account.

My kids cards were always turned off for spending.

The glory has the interactive television that will show spending habits of each person.

Just remember that when you use your sign and sail card it is NOT automatically charged to the account.

My kids cards were always turned off for spending.

Mine were too until I started making them go buy me lattes and things all the time. :)

I would be fumming if my son spent $25 of my money on junk while onboard - let alone everyday. Thank goodness in ten cruises - he has never asked to charge once.

We quit doing bottomless bubbles because he gained about 10 lbs on the cruise between melting cake and 3 Dr. Peppers at dinner in a week.

We carry on a case of soda and usually don't finish now. If he wants a shirt - He'll ask. He wouldn't waste his own money on stuff like that. And he won't waste money on video games - there are plenty of free games in the kids clubs.

I guess my feelings are - his meals are provided. there's free snacks, lemonade, cookies, ice cream, pizza. If he was buying food like at Disney - then having a $25 budget makes sense. But not when on the ship. We always bring a few candies onboard too left from the plane ride. I usually need a chocolate bar about day 4 or 5. :rolleyes: (my son just turned 17 - forgot to mention age in case it matters)

I didnt see that you wanted to give charging for like 25.00 a day. :eek:

there isnt much for kids to buy onboard. at 25.00 a day you may want to consider buying a soda card instead.

(we take our own 12 pack-- when its gone its gone-- but there was always tons left when we got to the last day--gave it to the stewards.

a 25.00 per day limit IS like an unlimed budget because like i said-- not much they can spend-- sign and sail cards have limits per day in the arcade.

Although you did put a set amount on a card--- they could overspend. You are still responsible for the amount over spent since they are minors.

Just remember that when you use your sign and sail card it is NOT automatically charged to the account.My kids cards were always turned off for spending.

This is confusing me. How can they overspend if there is a set amount on their account?

Why, when you use your card, is it NOT automatically charged to the account?

This is confusing me. How can they overspend if there is a set amount on their account?

Why, when you use your card, is it NOT automatically charged to the account?

When my kids reached their limit, they could no longer charge anything. Their cards were declined. I guess if something wasn't posted immediately then they could have gone over their limit. I did notice each time they went to the arcade they would get a total charge not a per game charge. But they said the machines stopped taking their cards when they reached their limit.

I didnt see that you wanted to give charging for like 25.00 a day. :eek:

there isnt much for kids to buy onboard. at 25.00 a day you may want to consider buying a soda card instead.

(we take our own 12 pack-- when its gone its gone-- but there was always tons left when we got to the last day--gave it to the stewards.

a 25.00 per day limit IS like an unlimed budget because like i said-- not much they can spend-- sign and sail cards have limits per day in the arcade.

well lol, $25- $50 was not a diff amount just figured they may be a minimum limit that you would have to set. She will not be spending that much. It was late last night when i posted. lol:)

arcade there is a limit to what they can speend. example- gift store 15.00 for some trinkets, leave the gift store there is the candy store-- go spend 10 bucks walk a few feet and there is the cafe whick sells cakes, she buys strawberries, a milkshake too it takes about 24 hours to register on the account that money was spent.

Guess I don't give my kids my credit cards at home, so I'm not sure why I would give a 12 year old access to my credit card on a ship. I buy the soda package. If he wants anything, just like at home, he needs to ask. There is nothing on the ship that they need. Now my youngest is 17 and he does get charging priveledges. At 17 he knows, whatever he buys, he pays for. Last 7 day cruise, his bill was $7.00. Because there really is nothing on the ship, that he needs to spend money on!

Archived