Laundry on Imagination?

Quick question about doing laundry on Imagination, if I may. Not interested in having it done by someone, would do it myself.

First off, what time are they open from and until? Can I bring my own detergent, or do they have some special soap they require you to use for envirnmental reasons?

Lastly, can anyone recommend the best time during the day ( or evening ) to avoid the mad rush?;)

Thanks all,

Jules

Hi Jules. I've never used the laundries, but I've talked to folks who have. They have dispensers ($1) for little boxes of detergent, but you can take your own if you prefer (think ziploc bags). I believe the laundry rooms are open all the time. There are ironing boards and irons, as well, as irons are not allowed in cabins. The only thing I've heard about BUSY times are the afternoons of formal nights. I would think mid-morning would be a good time.

Here is the info from the carnival website. Washing machines in the guest' launderette will be closed when the ship is in port, other than that use should have access to them.

Can I wash my clothes while on board?spacer.gif

Self-Service Launderettes

Each ship has at least 2 self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks.

There are two or three washers and dryers, and one iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $2.00 per washer load and $2.00 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.00 per box.

Note: Due to local environmental requirements, the washing machines in the guest' launderette will be closed in port, per each ports specific requirements; the dryers and irons will be available for guest use.

I take my own detergents...just in case what I use is not available. I got it at the local laudro mat inthe little boxes. I have been able to do laundry when its a port day. I get back about an hour before we sail off and throw it in. Or get up in the morning and throw a load in then have breakfast. By the time we are done the wsh is just about ready for the dryer.. I then get ready for the day then pick it up. DOnt even think about ironing clothes on formal nights. If you go by the laundry rooms durng those days youwill see a line of people waiting to use the iron.

Here is the location of the laundry rooms on your ship-

empress deck -- forward (between 1-67)

upper deck midship (between 116-163)

Wow, thanks guys, just what I needed to know! Now I can plan on packing so light, I will amaze even myself! Even though this is a 5 day cruise, it's being combined with 3 days on land, including a formal event before cruising. I look forward to flying with very little considering the length of the trip. Laundry on board, making it possible. Way cool.

Thanks again,

Jules

Archived