Allure stateroom choice

Will be booking on the Allure and want an oceanview with balcony more from the center to the rear of the ship. I'm NOT looking at the large balcony rooms. Port of starboard? I get seasick so I'm looking at decks 8 or 9. Do the staterooms on 8 get Central Park noise? Can you tell the room configuration from the deck plans (bed by door versus bed by balcony)? Any information would be helpful.

Just returned from the Allure.

Had Oceanview balcony 6262, it was great. no noise and close to elevators for MDR, Windjammer & Wipe Out Cafe.

Round the corner from the Schooner Bar.

If you book an oceanview balcony, you won't get any noise from Central Park. Most of the noise in Central Park is from the swimming pools above.

Rooms with extra beds (sofa bed or pullman) have the bed by the closet. Rooms alternate. Find the nearest cabin with extra beds (as marked on the deck plans) and count from there.

....I'm looking at decks 8 or 9. Do the staterooms on 8 get Central Park noise?

None whatsoever with ocean view.

Deck 8 is great. Hardly any corridor foot traffic, as there are no "inside" cabins across the hall from the ocean view balcony cabins, as all the shops / restaurants take up that space.

And it is an easy walk from the cabin to CP.

Deck 6 is lower and there will be less movement of the ship.

We always pick deck 6 because it is close to the water and we enjoy the sounds of the waves from our balcony, especially at night.

Pick a cabin as close as possible to the aft elevators for easy access to almost everything.

We had Allure 8632/8636. No noise from central park at all. This is a JS balcony room. I will say, after the fact, having a balcony roon probably contributed to me being dizzy 4 days after the cruise. Seeing the ocean breeze by while sitting still borobably did it more than the movement of the ship which was barely noticeable.

Archived