milk on cruises

Akitkat118

You don't say what line, or ship you'll be on.... Almost every line I have been on have a variety of milk options. However, often the taste is different than a child is used to and I know my milk loving child would refuse to drink milk on ships because she hated the taste. Most lines have cartons of milk in the buffet. However, they also use longer life milk as well which changes the taste considerably. Local milk acquired on the voyage can also have a different taste. All depends on how fussy your child is....

We are sailing with DD (28 months) next month. From what I've found there aren't issues with getting milk onboard. As far as whole vs specific %, I'm not sure what they have. DD drinks whatever % is available now (2% at home). We stuck with whole until 2 years, but even then if we could only get 1 or 2% (out & about, etc) she was ok.

For convenience sake, we plan to take a few cartons of shelf stable milk for in the cabin.

We sailed on Carnival when my son was 18 months so he still was drinking whole milk. At breakfast they always had the cartons out (including whole). Later in the day it wasnt as easy to find but you can ask a worker at the buffet and they always gave me some that they had stored in the fridge in the back. Same with chocolate milk. Anytime i asked they gave it to me. We sailed Norwegian when DD was 11 months and it was the same with them too.

Thank you!

I'm sorry.. I will be on RCCL on the Independence.

We just used shelf stable on a recent trip to Disney and my son seemed to do ok. So I guess we will have a few with us just in case and then he will justr drink what they have!

All cruiselines will have milk....if you HAVE to do 2% for a week, it won't hurt the child at all....same nutrients, just lower fat content. Add some half & half if you want to up the fat content!

We will be sailing on RC Adventure of the Seas with our 18 month old. He has warmed milk in the morning and evening.

I thought about maybe asking at the coffee counter for them to quickly steam some milk to take the cold edge off. Has anybody else tried to warm milk on a ship ?

Thanks,

Mark

We will be sailing on RC Adventure of the Seas with our 18 month old. He has warmed milk in the morning and evening.

I thought about maybe asking at the coffee counter for them to quickly steam some milk to take the cold edge off. Has anybody else tried to warm milk on a ship ?

Thanks,

Mark

When my daughter was on formula we would fill a cup up of very hot water and let it sit in there for a few minutes if it was very cold water. Maybe you can do that if no other choice.

We had no trouble getting whole milk from room service or from the waitstaff in the dining room. We'd often ask for 2 at dinner to bring back to the room for the early am. As for warming, I'd fill the sink with super hot tap water and let it sit for a few mins. Just takes the edge off.

ETA: I'm referring to 3 different RCI ships. Didn't have kids with us on NCL!

Archived