Sailing Valor May 5, 2013, dining option still waitlisted

Hi all, newbie here ...

Really looking forward to our Southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor this Sunday.

We booked the cruise on April 15, 2013, ever since I have been checking "Manage My Cruise", all 3 dining options (i.e. Early, Late and YTD) are waitlisted up to now. When I made the booking YTD was the one I chose.

Thanks for all the CC posters, I got the tip re: email address of the maître d, sent off an email then another one to follow up on the situation, no response. Even tried sending off a message to John Heald via his blog, nothing.

Called Carnival direct after not getting any response, the very nice lady I spoke with indicated if our dining option is still not confirmed at the time of embarkation, i.e. nothing indicated on our S&S card, I need to go to Guest Service to sort it out. The lady is not my PVP, we don't really have one, sounds like by reading some of the posts here a PVP is only assigned to clients who have cruised a few times with CCL. I booked our cruise online, really no human interaction required and it was very efficient too.

Now let me come clean, in my initial email to the maître d, I tried to request a table for 2 in the Washington MDR, Early Sitting, maybe I got them ticked off because of that (asking for the moon so to speak and almost looks like I am trying to jump the line being a bit selfish and all)? I mentioned also I already booked 3 nights at the Scarlett's Steakhouse, I thought maybe they take that into consideration, I sensed that 2 table tops are hard to come by, maybe someone else would use it the nights we are dining at Scarlett's.

The lady at Carnival did tell me one way or another we will be guaranteed 2 spots in the MDR, don't have to worry about eating at the buffet.

Am I being paranoid? As a bean counter, usually I am pretty calm. It's the boss, my better half, that worries me.

Sorry to be so long winded, one of the (many) bad habits of mine.

Any comments or pointers more than appreciated.

BTW, I am not saying the maître d or John Heald should have responded to my enquiries. I am not a pushy fellow. Let's face it, I really can't imagine them having any spare time to respond, they are dealing with thousand of individuals on each voyage, maybe they have a number of other admin staff to handle those matters, unless they are super human beings!

Hi all, newbie here ...

Really looking forward to our Southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor this Sunday.

We booked the cruise on April 15, 2013, ever since I have been checking "Manage My Cruise", all 3 dining options (i.e. Early, Late and YTD) are waitlisted up to now. When I made the booking YTD was the one I chose.

Thanks for all the CC posters, I got the tip re: email address of the maître d, sent off an email then another one to follow up on the situation, no response. Even tried sending off a message to John Heald via his blog, nothing.

Called Carnival direct after not getting any response, the very nice lady I spoke with indicated if our dining option is still not confirmed at the time of embarkation, i.e. nothing indicated on our S&S card, I need to go to Guest Service to sort it out. The lady is not my PVP, we don't really have one, sounds like by reading some of the posts here a PVP is only assigned to clients who have cruised a few times with CCL. I booked our cruise online, really no human interaction required and it was very efficient too.

Now let me come clean, in my initial email to the maître d, I tried to request a table for 2 in the Washington MDR, Early Sitting, maybe I got them ticked off because of that (asking for the moon so to speak and almost looks like I am trying to jump the line being a bit selfish and all)? I mentioned also I already booked 3 nights at the Scarlett's Steakhouse, I thought maybe they take that into consideration, I sensed that 2 table tops are hard to come by, maybe someone else would use it the nights we are dining at Scarlett's.

The lady at Carnival did tell me one way or another we will be guaranteed 2 spots in the MDR, don't have to worry about eating at the buffet.

Am I being paranoid? As a bean counter, usually I am pretty calm. It's the boss, my better half, that worries me.

Sorry to be so long winded, one of the (many) bad habits of mine.

Any comments or pointers more than appreciated.

BTW, I am not saying the maître d or John Heald should have responded to my enquiries. I am not a pushy fellow. Let's face it, I really can't imagine them having any spare time to respond, they are dealing with thousand of individuals on each voyage, maybe they have a number of other admin staff to handle those matters, unless they are super human beings!

Interesting no one came up with any suggestions, never mind!

I dont really have much to contribute. Im sure you will get an assignment when you check in andmdoubt they will "leave you hanging". Its also possible the Maitre D' took note of your preference and will try to accomodate it. But if anything, you can always visit the Dining room when you embark and speak with the Maitre D' directly. But either way have a wonderful trip!

I'm sure you will have a time/table indicated on your S&S card when you board. If not, or you don't like what they gave you, the Maitre'd always has assigned hours outside the dining room (I think around 1PM) where you can talk to him and put in a request for something different.

We have done this several times, and our table for 2 request has always been granted. But, Early Seating is the most popular, so they might offer it for late instead.

But, it's possible you will get YTD as you originally requested, in which case each night you can get a table for 2 since there are lots in that section.

Either way, hope you have fun on your cruise!!

Jenn :)

Ps ... If you do want a response from John, the bet way is his Facebook page, he answers those requests more frequently.

Archived