Excursion cancelled by tour company

aggiemom1013

Our May 23rd excursion in Belize (Shark/Ray Alley with Coral Breeze) has been cancelled, due to our group of 6 being the only ones that have booked for that day. Mark has recommended Ecological Tours to me, but the same excursion doesn't offer the option for the 2 non-snorkelers in our group to stay on Caye Caulker while the other 4 of us snorkel. We are looking at Island Marketing, at the Goff's Cay Beach and Snorkeling excursion. None of the excursions through Carnival sound good to us for the price. Any advice/comments/suggestion from those who have used any of these companies before? I'm hesitant to book with anyone else until I get some real feedback. I've read reviews on Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc, but I know sometimes people put false good reviews on there. Help!!

This is what has happened since Coral Breeze disconnected from Hammerhead, the boat crew. We just went on this tour and were crammed in a rowboat sized vessel for the 1 hr 20 min run to Caulkner sitting on hard fiberglass and being dowsed with spray the whole trip . My wife was an observer. What a joke ! I will NEVER use Coral Breeze again, and we need to spread the word. The Wet Lizard bar is doing the same tour now IF they have enough people to sign up.. You can go there the day of your arrival and if they have a tour, ask to see the boat first. I also found out after wanting to go to caulkner for 3 years, that it is nothing great...Another option is to take a water taxi to Caulkner for $20 pp round trip , and hire a snorkel boat there. That way anyone who wanted to stay on the island could..Just watch your departure time as you would be on your own..Good luck..

Also, Island Marketing has been fine for us in Cozumel and the Bahamas..And as far as snorkeling goes , Shark Ray Alley was not any better than other places we have been , and it is such a long ride. Goff's Caye would probably be a good choice..The Rays and nurse sharks were the only thing good at SAA..Here is a link for Wet Lizard..

http://www.thewetlizard.com/tours/stingray-alley-snorkeling-caye-caulker-exploration/

Also, Island Marketing has been fine for us in Cozumel and the Bahamas..And as far as snorkeling goes , Shark Ray Alley was not any better than other places we have been , and it is such a long ride. Goff's Caye would probably be a good choice..The Rays and nurse sharks were the only thing good at SAA..Here is a link for Wet Lizard..

http://www.thewetlizard.com/tours/stingray-alley-snorkeling-caye-caulker-exploration/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with Centex Cruiser above on checking out

http://www.thewetlizard.com

They offer a variety of water and land tours. It's a fun bar too! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Our May 23rd excursion in Belize (Shark/Ray Alley with Coral Breeze) has been cancelled, due to our group of 6 being the only ones that have booked for that day. Mark has recommended Ecological Tours to me, but the same excursion doesn't offer the option for the 2 non-snorkelers in our group to stay on Caye Caulker while the other 4 of us snorkel. We are looking at Island Marketing, at the Goff's Cay Beach and Snorkeling excursion. None of the excursions through Carnival sound good to us for the price. Any advice/comments/suggestion from those who have used any of these companies before? I'm hesitant to book with anyone else until I get some real feedback. I've read reviews on Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc, but I know sometimes people put false good reviews on there. Help!!

I used Sea Sports Belize and was very happy with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for you, and for others in similar situation. But please realize, that you are travelling to what is more less a Third World Country. Things just don’t work the same way as you may be used to at home. If you want things to work like clockwork, then go to Germany or Switzerland.

I find it really presumptuous to think that just because you planned something that it will happen. That is not the way that the world outside of North America and Western Europe works.

Whenever I travel, especially in poorer parts of the globe, I NEVER count on things working out. There will be washed out road, unexpectedly closed attractions, civil worker strikes, new police roadblocks, unexpected weather, businesses going under, renovations taking place, bus breaking down, police actions, etc. It is necessary to be prepared for the unexpected.

For every week of travel I plan on seeing, experiencing and visiting three weeks worth of sites. So, if one thing is closed, I simply go onto the next one. I’ve never had a bad vacation; and I’ve never had a vacation that pans out exactly as I planned it.

We have been on a bunch of cruises and have booked excursions through the ship and independently,and have never had any snags or disappointments with any except with Coral Breeze at Belize..I agree somewhat with above reply, but it is really no big feat to book a group of people ahead of time, take them to an island ,and a snorkeling site..

Archived