La Quinta Inn in SF

Deb in Cali

We had a great experience staying at the La Quinta Inn in SF prior to our Regal Princess cruise to Alaska. We reserved a drive/cruise package. We drove in the night before our cruise. The hotel kept our car, provided a buffet breakfast and shuttled us to the ship at the time that we requested.

The only improvement that the hotel could provide would be during the drop off for the next set of passengers, they could be picking up those that were disembarking from the cruise ship. As it was, we were on our own to get back to the hotel to pick up our car. We were finally able to snag a taxi that took us back to the hotel for $32.

The hotel staff were very pleasant as well as helpful. The hotel manager inquired if there was any thing further that they could do for us when we encounter him in the elevator. He was obviously a hands-on manger because we encounter him more than once during our short time prior to the cruise.

When we returned to hotel we discovered that our cars keys were not to be found in our suitcases. eek.gif At that point the hotel staff swung into high gear. They researched a locksmith and called one to get us on our way. Since I was outside waiting by our luggage, the security guard kept checking on me every few minutes. As we waited for the locksmith to show up, the security guard asked twice if he could go get a luggage cart take me into the lobby. The manager came by twice to check on me since my husband was waiting for the locksmith out front. After his second trip out there the manager finally insisited that we lock up our luggage in a locked storage area that was right by our car, so that I wasn't stuck waiting by the car.

I will be writing a letter of appreciation to the La Quinta Inn headquarters.

Deb

Archived