Need Advice from People who Cruise on Both Celebrity and RCCL

Cindy

I need a little advice or to be pointed in the right direction from people who have cruised on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I'll try to keep this short, but that's not one of my virtues!:o:rolleyes:

I'm a Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Diamond member who is taking her first Celebrity cruise in September. When I made my Celebrity reservation in April of 2012, I was assigned a PVP who assured me everything was in order for me to have a Captain's Club number for reciprocal benefits, my reservation was all confirmed with OBC, etc. Honestly, once all that was taken care of I kind of forgot about it since I had four other vacations to plan before September of 2013.

I was on the phone with RCCL C&A yesterday, and I discovered nothing had been done with my Celebrity cruise...they couldn't even find my reservation, and after a little digging discovered that for some reason it had been cancelled and rebooked with a different confirmation number.:eek: I now have a copy of my confirmation, and my Captain's Club status is taken care of, but unfortunately the promised OBC is nowhere to be found.

I realize I should have paid more attention to the booking all these months, but I didn't and there's nothing I can do to change that now. I plan to contact Celebrity tomorrow to straighten everything out (there are problems other than just the missing OBC), but I don't want anything to do with the PVP who didn't follow through. Here's my question...since I now have a Captain's Club membership number, can I just call them directly like I do Crown & Anchor?

Thanks for your help...I'm not sure what's allowed or what the protocol is, but I don't feel comfortable at all with my assigned PVP.:(

...since I now have a Captain's Club membership number, can I just call them directly like I do Crown & Anchor? ...

Sure - There phone number is on the Captain's Club link on Celebrity's web site.

If at any time they refer you to the original PVP then I'd just tell them straight off that you prefer to deal someone else as that person made the errors you are now trying to correct. Also, I've read posts on these boards from time to time about a "problem resolution department" that you can asked to be connected with if you are unable to get a problem corrected through the normal channels.

Sure - There phone number is on the Captain's Club link on Celebrity's web site.

If at any time they refer you to the original PVP then I'd just tell them straight off that you prefer to deal someone else as that person made the errors you are now trying to correct. Also, I've read posts on these boards from time to time about a "problem resolution department" that you can asked to be connected with if you are unable to get a problem corrected through the normal channels.

Thanks for your help!:)

I just got off the phone with a wonderful Captain's Club representative...

The bad news is, as I suspected, the PVP who originally booked my September cruise had totally dropped the ball. About the only thing that was correct was (thankfully) our cabin number. The promised OBC was nowhere to be found.

The good news is we're now booked on our second Celebrity cruise, on the Solstice in August of 2014, with a loyalty discount.:)

The best news is Vicky at the Captain's Club was able to go back and find out what the promos were at the time we booked our September cruise on the Millennium. She said it was a 3-2-1 offer, which was never explained to me by the PVP, and gave me my choice. I took the beverage package, because I'm sure we'll consume more than $150 worth of drinks in 9 days!:o I'm going to pay the small difference to upgrade to Premium, and not think twice about having whatever I want!

Archived