Seattle the day before our cruise

DarceyJK

Hi everyone. We will be staying in Seattle the night before our cruise leaves June 29th. Hotel suggestions? Also, one of the guys in my group wants to eat at Ivar's. Is there one that is better than another or are they pretty much the same?? Ohh - and what would be the must do thing in Seattle? We were thinking Space Needle and Chihuly Garden. Thanks!!

I'm guessing he means the sit-down Ivar's restaurants (there are also their seafood bars--very tasty fast food but not destination dining). The one on Elliott Bay has a nice water view, but the Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union looks out on the lake, and it's decorated with some nice carvings and art from local Indian tribes. The food is about the same both places, so I think I would pick the Salmon House (it's the one on Northlake Way).

The Space Needle and the Chihuly Garden are definitely worth a visit. When you go home, everybody will ask you if you went up in the Space Needle, so you kind of have to! The other place that I would put on a short list of must-see sights is Pike Place Market. There's a lot of Seattle history there, and some GREAT food! Try to go there early to beat the crowds--you can get breakfast several places there as early as 7 am.

Have fun!

I'm guessing he means the sit-down Ivar's restaurants (there are also their seafood bars--very tasty fast food but not destination dining). The one on Elliott Bay has a nice water view, but the Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union looks out on the lake, and it's decorated with some nice carvings and art from local Indian tribes. The food is about the same both places, so I think I would pick the Salmon House (it's the one on Northlake Way).

The Space Needle and the Chihuly Garden are definitely worth a visit. When you go home, everybody will ask you if you went up in the Space Needle, so you kind of have to! The other place that I would put on a short list of must-see sights is Pike Place Market. There's a lot of Seattle history there, and some GREAT food! Try to go there early to beat the crowds--you can get breakfast several places there as early as 7 am.

Have fun!

Ohhhh, SWEET!! Thank you so much for all the information! EXTREMELY helpful!!

Make sure you see the place where they sell the fresh fish at pike place market. They really put on a show. They have been in several newspaper stories and on TV. Really entertaining and no schedule . they just have fun going about their daily business and watch out for flying fish

Make sure you see the place where they sell the fresh fish at pike place market. They really put on a show. They have been in several newspaper stories and on TV. Really entertaining and no schedule . they just have fun going about their daily business and watch out for flying fish

Love this idea!!!

Chihuly Gardens is incredible. A definite must see.

Ivars is on Pier 54 ... take out counter or sit down. It's right next to the ferry terminal so you might enjoy a quick water taxi to Alki Beach in West Seattle ... awesome views of the seattle skyline and watch for the resident bald eagles. http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/WaterTaxi/WestSeattleRoute.aspx

Any interest in the new ferris wheel on the waterfront ? http://seattlegreatwheel.com/

Chihuly Gardens is incredible. A definite must see.

Ivars is on Pier 54 ... take out counter or sit down. It's right next to the ferry terminal so you might enjoy a quick water taxi to Alki Beach in West Seattle ... awesome views of the seattle skyline and watch for the resident bald eagles. http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/WaterTaxi/WestSeattleRoute.aspx

Any interest in the new ferris wheel on the waterfront ? http://seattlegreatwheel.com/

Thanks for the help! I booked us at Cedarbrook Lodge. The lady at the desk is helping with tickets to SN and the Garden. I'm not sure if we will have much time for anything else, LOL! I will certainly check into it tho!!

you do realize that Cedarbrook is out by the airport ? Great place but it's not downtown just so you're aware.

It's easy enough to get downtown tho ... take the Light Rail from the airport $2.75 pp and ride it to the end, Westlake Center, 40 minutes.

you do realize that Cedarbrook is out by the airport ? Great place but it's not downtown just so you're aware.

It's easy enough to get downtown tho ... take the Light Rail from the airport $2.75 pp and ride it to the end, Westlake Center, 40 minutes.

Yes, I am aware of that. Courtney at the hotel helped me plan everything. She said the cost is $5.50pp for an all day pass and the things we want to do are all walkable from the Light Rail! That will be nice after all the sitting in the airport and airplane :)

Archived