B1 cat. LEAVING TODAY NEED INFO

ratherBcruzin

Hi--I'm posting this for some friends who are leaving today for a westbound crossing. They are in a 12th floor balcony (B1 cat i believe) can anyone give me ANY information so I can forward it onto them. I know they will love it--I took a dream crossing on QE2 two years ago and loved it.

Hi, we went westbound in April on deck 10. Can be a bit uncomfortable all that way up if sea is rough but the ship is wonderful.

Tell them to be up early on morning of arrival in New York. Passing under Verrazano Narrows bridge and seeing Statue of Liberty and Manhattan skyline at dawn or just after is spectacular.

They should explore every inch of the ship; don't be afraid to ask for food that is not on the menu - staff will try to oblige; definitely go to the planetarium at least once; enjoy the cream teas in the afternoon; join in the pub trivia quiz; talk to as many people as they can - other passengers can be fascinating; don't be afraid to ask if they don't know about anything - crew are there to please; read the daily programme as they could miss things that are going on; if fit and able they should plan to self disembark - we did and got through immigration very quickly so we could get out there and enjoy New York.

Hope they have a good crossing - we did. They should make the most of every minute, the days go too quickly on board.

Archived