Deck A balconies

SOLADA

We have a cruise booked on the Aurora,could someone tell me if the balconies on Deck A are "open ones ,not the "cut-out ones.

P&O have assured me ...twice..that they are but looking at the pic of the ship I cannot work it out.:confused:

Thank You

We were in A208 on Aurora - see below for photo which was taken while we were still in Southampton. The balcony has a mainly glass front with a wooden rail. There are steel pillars at each end of the balcony rail and steel doors separating us from the adjacent balconies.

89977551.jpg

We have a cruise booked on the Aurora,could someone tell me if the balconies on Deck A are "open ones ,not the "cut-out ones.

P&O have assured me ...twice..that they are but looking at the pic of the ship I cannot work it out.:confused:

Thank You

I think only B deck are the open ones you are thinking about. A and C deck are the more closed in ones. Having said that I think most of the suites/mini-suites/deluxe balconys are on B deck

Hi Cool Cruiser

When you say "glass front",do you mean half way up,not completely filled in with glass???

You may be able to see from the photo that there is a narrow steel shelf below the glass front. It is approximately 1/3 of the height of the total balcony height (slightly lower than the seat of the deckchairs).

We pondered a lot about whether these were cut-out balconies and they were, but having the steel pillars at each side certainly gave the balcony a lot of shelter when the ship was moving.

We found the balcony excellent and got most of our best photos of Greenland, Iceland and Norway from our balcony. The only downside for us was that the balcony (and presumably all balconies) was a bit narrow. You couldn't recline on the deck chairs and footstool facing the sea, only at an angle.

Thank you for reply and fotos,very helpful.

Not happy that the balcony is so small,we had a huge one on the Azura Deck C which...take note... are bigger than other decks.

On speaking to P&O regards moving to Deck B,Deluxe Balcony,...but there were only two available ...both in bad positions...so it looks like we will have to stay where we are...consolation being ,we will have saved £1400.

Have a nice weekend:)

Thank you for reply and fotos,very helpful.

Not happy that the balcony is so small,we had a huge one on the Azura Deck C which...take note... are bigger than other decks.

On speaking to P&O regards moving to Deck B,Deluxe Balcony,...but there were only two available ...both in bad positions...so it looks like we will have to stay where we are...consolation being ,we will have saved £1400.

Have a nice weekend:)

Thanks. You'll enjoy cruising on Aurora, we did.

I hope so...looking at pics,she looks a bit tired...but maybe having cruised on newer ships.. I am seeing her with jaded eyes.:o

Another question of a different subject...the cabin does have tea/coffee facilities plus a small fridge???...only cannot see the former in your foto.:)

I hope so...looking at pics,she looks a bit tired...but maybe having cruised on newer ships.. I am seeing her with jaded eyes.:o

Another question of a different subject...the cabin does have tea/coffee facilities plus a small fridge???...only cannot see the former in your foto.:)

Yes, Aurora looked a little bit tired to us too (in 2010), with wood veneers getting thin in places and also the cabin curtains were a bit thin. However, we were too engrossed in all the activities, shore excursions and magnificent scenery to let anything spoil our cruise. The ship is still a lovely traditional type of cruise ship, that looks like a ship rather than an apartment block. Formal evenings were amazing, with almost everyone dressing up and lots of sparkle and glitz.

The cabin definitely does have tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge. There was also a regular top-up of packets of Border Biscuits and if we didn't like a particular flavour, the steward made sure we got the ones we liked best.

It was great getting out of bed early and standing on the balcony with a cup of tea and a biscuit, watching as we cruised past icebergs or along fjords.

Our cabin also had a bath with shower over it. It was a short bath, but deep enough to have a decent soak.

We ,too,like having our morning tea out on the balcony,watching the sunrise..we are very early risers..How stupid of me to think there would be no tea/coffee facilities when all other ships do:o

I also like sunbathing or just reading on there too whilst hubby goes up on deck with the "maddening crowd".

I LOVE the formal evenings...wearing my glad rags.:)

We are doing a 18 night cruise next and hope there are .at least.four of them.

Have a nice evening

Archived