Back From The Valor 6/12-6/19

gymbrat33

I just returned from the Valor. It was an excellent cruise.

Embarkation-Due to the fact that people were disembarking from the Valor and the Victory at the time that I arrived to the port (11:00 a.m.), we were in traffic for 45 minutes. Once we entered the terminal we were on the ship within 20 minutes.

Cabin-We were in a balcony cabin 9275 near the Lido Deck. There weren't any disturbances.

Ship-It is absolutely beautiful with an American theme.

Entertainment- I loved all of the shows. They are not to be missed, especailly the 80's theme Vegas show. I went to Karaoke a few nights. The Valor Idol performers(the passengers) did an excellent job.

Food-The food was excellent. There is a lot of variety to choose from. Our wait staff didn't socialize. They just introduced themselves and didn't bother learning our names. They just asked what we wanted to order for dinner every night. Tablemates were great.

Bingo- They no longer have Win a Cruise Bingo. Instead, You must purchase raffle tickets in order to win the cruise.

Carnival Mastercard Sea Miles-This is a new credit card that they offer where you could earn a free cruise as well as air travel. When you use this credit card to make purchases onboard the ship you earn double the points. They also mentioned that there are no blackout dates on the free cruise that you earn.

I booked tours through Carnival for Belize, Isla Roatan, and Grand Cayman. At Cozumel we shopped and headed to Carlos N' Charlies.

This cruise seemed so short because of the 4 ports of call. For the next one I'll go on one with 3 ports instead so that we can be at sea more days.

Cruise Director-As I mentioned on another post, we really enjoyed him. He was excellent.

I was on the same cruise as Gymbrat (and it was really nice meeting you, Olga) and I have to agree that Brent is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be. While he is not my favorite CD (that would be Todd Wittmer and Corey Schmidt), his sense of humor grew on me as the week progressed. The only thing about him that annoyed me was that he was hard to understand when he was making announcements over the PA system. He needs to learn to speak more slowly and louder on the PA - it always sounded to me like he was mumbling when making announcements.

Debbie, It was a pleasure meeting you! I never ran into you again on the cruise. The best cruise director has been Mark Price. On my last 2 cruises the cruise directors were not funny at all. I loved Brent Mitchell. He was super funny.

Myimagination, yes, I'm going on the 2 day cruise on the Liberty. I'm convincing my brother and his girlfriend to go with my 6 year old nephew, my father and his wife . They haven't been on a cruise so I was telling them that they should try this one out since it's a large ship before booking a 7 day cruise. My brother and his girlfriend will also see how much my nephew will enjoy it and they'll lallow me take him on 7 day cruises whenever I cruise.

cruiseawaywithme, I don't know when it started, but when I went to check my account on the t.v., I saw the selection for the Dining room menu. They list the starters,salads, entrees, dessets, low carb menu, spa menu, and beverages. Then when you click on a specific meal, it gives you a description.

cruiseawaywithme, I don't know when it started, but when I went to check my account on the t.v., I saw the selection for the Dining room menu. They list the starters,salads, entrees, dessets, low carb menu, spa menu, and beverages. Then when you click on a specific meal, it gives you a description.

That sounds like a nice little feature :) What was your favorite show? Did you like the entertainment?

It was super sunny all week except when we were at Cozumel. It rained for 2 hours and then it was sunny the rest of the time.

I forgot to mention that they no longer have the plastic ship trophy. They give medallions instead and the social hosts told the passengers, "Dont sell them. They're only worth $1.25." I was thinking that it may be because people were selling the trophies on ebay.

Archived