Junkanoo Beach (Nassau)

madthumper

April 29, 2013:

Trip to the club is $ 14.00 round trip pp and you pay the full fare when you arrive and get return trip tickets.

Taxis are right out front and leave on the hour to go back to the ship

Its a cash bar but will accept credit cards on orders over $20.00

Beers were $7.00 and mixed drinks $9.00.

Beach chairs were $5.00 a piece.

Did not rent an umbrella so not sure of the cost.

Beach and facilities were clean and had plenty of room to spread out and we were not told where we had to sit.

Was not bothered by the vendors, they stayed at the end of the pier and did not hassle anybody.

Bar servers were there and again they did not hassle you to buy drinks.

Did not do lunch so not sure of the food quality.

Was a great day to relax at a quiet beach away from the crowd.

Will definitely go back next time and is great for families too as they had beach toys there for the kids at one of the beach stands.

Would post some pics but their web site pics are the same, what you see is what you get.

Anyone have CURRENT information on this?

How does the beach look?

I heard about glass shards on the beach and drug sales there..

Is the restroom clean?

How is the walk from the ship?

Anything else free to do while we're in port?

How's the straw market?

I haven't been there since August so not very current but my sisters and I got there pretty early- like 9am on a sunday morning and we were the first ones on the beach. We didn't see any glass- the beach was pretty clean. We didn't witness any drug sales but right before we left a few local women came by to sell bracelets- my sister bought one. I think you'll find that on many beaches in the Caribbean though. There was a restroom but it had rained the night before so the cleaning lady had to come by and mop up the standing water- wasn't horrible. The walk from the ship was pretty easy- maybe 15 min? We only had a short stay in Nassau so around 11:30 we packed up and went to get some conch fritters back in town. There was a "walking tour" in the bahamas boards last summer. My sisters and I took a horse drawn carriage ride around the town and it was pretty cheap for us 3- I want so say 15pp and they were all right there outside the port so it was pretty cheap for us to see the town without paying a lot of money or going far from the ship with such little time.

we spent the day on the beach there and it was great. restrooms were fine, area was plenty clean and there was food and drinks available just steps away. in fact it was the wifes birthday and one of the bartenders from a drink shack was bringing her drinks down where we were on the beach. happens that he had lived in va near us at one time. ended up being one of the nicest, most relaxing days ever.

doug

Loved it! The staff are really friendly and the drinks were good. There was some glass but it was not a deal breaker. Didn't see any drug deals although we did get offered weed closer to the port.

Archived